Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Forest River V-Cross Vibe Trailers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Forest River V-Cross Vibe Trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
kenm09

South Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone had any experience with the Forest River V-Cross Vibe line of trailers, in particularly the 6500 series? We're looking at lightweight trailers like these and they seem promising. Just wondering if anyone could comment on quality, layout, etc.

V-Cross Vibe 6500 Series

Pat in Speedway

Speedway, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/11 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a couple at the RVIA show in Louisville last month. I thought the styling on these were very cool. I think the gentle slope of the roof line in the rear complemented the front V nose quite well. The model I looked at was the 6504, which had the front bath and bunks that were part of the slide out. I've got a handful of pics of it on my Flickr site. When counting across, they're pics 24-30 on the gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11019355@N0......../sets/72157628213865571/with/6428476897/

Overall, my impressions of the Vibe were positive. Really liked the pass through storage in the rear as well.

Pat B.
Speedway, IN
2010 Serro Scotty HiLander
http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com

kenm09

South Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Pat.

Nice blog as well. I was looking at another trailer earlier this week from a smaller company called Sunset RV, but the deal fell through. You may want to take a look at www.sunsetrv4u.com for your blog. The Sunray line of campers are very nice.

tmmar

Nassau County, Long Island, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/11 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might also want to take a look at this site for some additional information:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/

2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

Pat in Speedway

Speedway, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/11 09:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ken,
I remember you now...you posted on another topic about buying a used Sunray, correct?

kenm09

South Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 11:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pat in Speedway wrote:

Ken,
I remember you now...you posted on another topic about buying a used Sunray, correct?

Yeah - We really liked it, however, it just didn't work out. The seller overpaid for it and could not come to terms with selling it for a fair price. He wanted more for it than what I could buy a new one for.

Pat in Speedway

Speedway, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/11 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a price range for something in mind? Length? Weight? I'm good at throwing out opinions. If I only had the means and space for every cool trailer I see, I'd be a rich, rich man!

kenm09

South Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/11 11:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is our wishlist:
1. Max GVW - 3500 lbs
2. Full Bath (separate tub and toilet)
3. Full Bed that does not have to be collapsed from a dinette each time. We want to just get in the camper and sleep.
4. Room for two kids. (preferably a bunk)

We a budget that we can be flexible with, meaning the more wishlist items the unit has the more we would be willing to spend.

Some units we were looking at that appeal to us are:

KZ Spree Escape E196S
KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
Sunset RV Sunray 199
Coachmen Apex 18BH
Gulf Stream Visa 17RWD
KZ Coyote C196S
KZ Coyote C200S

We got into some Gulf Stream Amerilites but were not thoroughly impressed with the build quality. Same can be said for the Starcraft AR-ONE's and the Jayco Jay Flight Swift SLX lines.

We just towed the Sunset Sunray 199 today and really liked it. Here is a link to some pics:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3-general/88312-found-travel-trailer-what-do-you-think.html#post899974

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/11 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

V-nose sets more restrictions on floor-planning. Less room for the same length, and less efficient use of available room. Don't know how much fuel it would save due to improved aerodynamics compared to a conventional radius front wall, depends on frequency of use, but I bet one can get same or better economy from slower speed and lighter load. Especially the speed - energy required to overcome air resistance goes up as the square of velocity (force of resistance goes up as the cube of velocity).

Lowsuv

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/11 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The V Nosed trailer will handle better than a flat nose under similar conditions. It wants to go straight.
A trailer with a higher percentage of tongue weight will handle better than one with a lower percentage.
A trailer that has its axles spread apart will handle better than one with conventional wheel spacing.
A trailer that has its axles further aft on the trailer will out handle one that has it's axles closer to your pickup.
A trailer pulled by a 6800 pound Diesel 2500HD pickup will handle better than the same pickup with a gas engine because the diesel has 400 more pounds on its front axle.
A trailer pulled by a 2500 HD gasser will handle better than an 1500 pickup with the same wheelbase. The HD is heavier and will accomodate more tongue weight which equals better handling.
A trailer pulled by a pickup that has cargo in it ( below its GVW ) will handle better than the same pickup with that cargo in the trailer. Especially if the cargo is in the front of the box.
A trailer that has it's cargo in the nose will handle better than a trailer with cargo aft of its axles.
A trailer shaped like a boat will handle better than a trailer shaped like a box. (Same as rule # one )

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Forest River V-Cross Vibe Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS