Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Holiday Travel Park
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
The Texan

Home ... Toquerville, UT .. Summer ... Cascade, ID

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chtidio wrote:

The Texan wrote:

Remember, all ratings and information in Trailer Life campground book is bought and paid for. There is NO inspection for the ratings nor is there any verification of whatever the CG owners puts in the write up. We worked as camp host for a few years and saw this happen more than once.

Wow, are you sure about this? I always thought that the descriptions might have been supplied by the owners, but the ratings were assigned by independent teams that actually visited and evaluated the campgrounds!
Yes, twice we watched the "evaluator" come to the campground, set in the office, have a cup of coffee, collect his check along with the owners written description and then leave. Not one minute was spent out in the campground evaluating anything, nothing, nada.....One TL rating, bought and paid for.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

selectsplat

Chesterfield, VA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelnutz wrote:

Must be that some people believe what they read in advertisement. Did it have a video of the owner's lips moving to the text wording? That would explain it all!

There's also a very nice Outdoor Wold IN Williamsburg that now allows a limited number of public reservations without being hassled to join or having to sit through a siminar or anything.

Also, Jellystone Gloucester Point, another fine campground that's actually on the water, is much closer to Willamsburg and Yorktown than HTP is.

2011 Heartland Trail Runner 27FQBS
2010 Bayliner 175
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L iForce 4wd
2003 Chevy Trailblazer 4.3L 4wd
2006 EZGO PDS
Thousand Trails Memeber

demoon

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/12 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not want to start an argument, and I don't believe everything I see in print, but I do have a friend who owns an RV park and he swears he pays nothing for his listing and that he gets a full inspection every year. He says there is a fee for having an ad in the directory. TL is pretty stupid if they put this statement on their website, if in fact, it is not true.

Q. I am a Trailer Life Directory member, and I need to update my listing on the web site. How do I do that?
A. Trailer Life Directory representatives pay an annual visit to the parks and businesses listed in the Directory and website. They will be happy to update your information at that time. In the meantime, you can contact your representative at (800) 685-6246.

Q. How much does it cost to be listed?
A. There is no charge to be listed in the Directory or website, however, parks must meet minimum rating standards and criteria

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS