Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: New Montana 3402
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Montana 3402

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/12 10:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I'm picking up my new Montana 3402 on Thursday morning. Based on advice here, I decided that the 6 point auto leveling was a must-have feature.

Out of all the floor plans, I preferred this one because it has a pass through bath, seemingly a rarity these days and 'straight up' steps. My current unit has angled, odd-shaped steps, which has proven to be a problem when I take my elderly mother on trips.

Now if all the stuff in the old one would just magically ove to the new one...

---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

rconkin

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations and enjoy it. We just picked up our Montana Mountaineer edition today and absolutely love it. My brother was a James Island this past weekend and saw a new Montana pull in with the 6-point leveling system and said it was awesome. He talked to the owner while he leveled it and was very impressed. I wish we had it, but, I don't think it was an available option on the Mountaineer.

04 Dodge 3500 CTD, DRW, 4X4, Quad Cab, Edge EZ, AirDog II, B&W Companion, Prodigy P3

13 Montana Mountaineer Edition 346LBQ

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

nosticks

Tampa, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/12 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to go here.

http://www.montanaowners.com/

Plenty of good information specific to Montana ownership.

NoSticks
2010 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4
2010 Montana Mountaineer 324RLQ

PatnRich

MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/12 04:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations, we saw the 3402 at the Montana fall rally in Goshen and love the layout! The 3402 and the six point leveling system are on our wish list.

2010 Montana 3400RL, 2011 Ford F350,CC,SB,16K Pullrite SuperGlide

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/12 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great selection, you will love it! Congratulating you for getting opinions and doing the research, this is a great RV community!

dqdick

Council Grove, KS

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/12 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 with nosticks. This is a great forum, but for specific info and problem solutions for a Monty the Montana owners forum can't be beat.

Dick and Joyce
2010 Montana 3665RE
Dodge 2500HD Maxi Cab Laramie Edition
Diego, Norm, & Bitsy

cKarlGo

Alexandria, VA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/12 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

up2nogood wrote:

richfaa wrote:

Our 3402 Big Sky should be here any day.The 2nd bath and 6 point leveling system was a must have. Hope the paint job takes care of the graphics issue. We have been unloading our 06 3400 Montana for a week. Can not believe the "stuff" in there. It will NOT go all back.

This will be our 6th Rv and the first time we purchased the same brand. Not saying the Montana is better than any of the others but coud not find another that we thought was better.

You hit the nail on the head , Quote : " Not saying the Montana is better than any of the others but could not find another that we thought was better ". That is hard for some here on the forum to grasp, yes they all have problems. I have been very fortunate to have owned two Montana's with very few problems. Some are convinced that longer warranties, or the known higher end are somehow going to be better, when in reality, and this is something you have pointed out time and again, they are built by the same work force,same vendors ,etc.

This is my 3rd Montana. The first 2 being Mountaineers. Normally I would have kept the current unit for several more years, but the physical access issues dictated a trade.

I would have liked to have had the Big Sky package for the paint job, but I wasn't able to locate any 3402s on a Camping World lot. I considered a 3700/3800, but that floor plan has 2 serious design flaws in my opinion:

1. The washer/dryer does not plumb directly into the waste tank. You have to open the valve. That's a flood looking for a forgetful me and a place to happen.

2. In order to close the slides, the master BR door has to be open. If you forget it, the slide with crush the door or the door will go through the slide. Why they didn't put in a pocket door the recesses into the slide is a mystery to me. Again, a disaster waiting for a moment of forgetfulness.

The 3402 seems to have little in the way of gotchas like that.

richfaa

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/12 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 3402 Big Sky should be here any day.The 2nd bath and 6 point leveling system was a must have. Hope the paint job takes care of the graphics issue. We have been unloading our 06 3400 Montana for a week. Can not believe the "stuff" in there. It will NOT go all back.

This will be our 6th Rv and the first time we purchased the same brand. Not saying the Montana is better than any of the others but coud not find another that we thought was better.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

up2nogood

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/12 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

richfaa wrote:

You hit the nail on the head , Quote : " Not saying the Montana is better than any of the others but could not find another that we thought was better ". That is hard for some here on the forum to grasp, yes they all have problems. I have been very fortunate to have owned two Montana's with very few problems. Some are convinced that longer warranties, or the known higher end are somehow going to be better, when in reality, and this is something you have pointed out time and again, they are built by the same work force,same vendors ,etc.

LostinAZ

At Home

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/12 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

up2nogood wrote:

richfaa wrote:

Have you looked at all the engineering drawings of each manufacturer and compared each feature such as frame specifications & dimensions, wall/ceiling/floor specifications/construction, specifications for all material used, etc, etc. Until one does that diligently, one cannot say they are all the same.

* This post was last edited 05/16/12 11:12am by LostinAZ *   View edit history

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Montana 3402
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS