Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Leaking Grey Water Tank
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Leaking Grey Water Tank

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Terry26

Tampa

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My trailer's (26' Fleetwood Terry) grey water tank is leaking when full and seems like the leak is on the top of the tank as I've filled it three times with water to determine where it is and every time it spills water over the top edges. That said, I started to look to see if it may be an existing penetration leak like at at vent or grey water drain inlet but the only visible inlet/outlet pipes I can find is the outlet which at the lower position on the tank is not the issue. I found the tub & sink drain pipe but it seems like it goes into the top of the tank without any access to inspect or disconnect if I need to replace the tank. Has anyone here actually removed this tank to know how it is connected and how to access the vent/inlet pipes?

Thanks,
Pete

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sounds like the vent leaking, on most any unit its a real job to fix. do some real looking before you drop the tank. might get your buddies involved. even older kids with flashlights.

smokedummy

McLennan County Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the same problem. The gray tank gets full and overflows somewhere, some of the water drips out on the ground which is fine, but some ends up in the belly tarp soaking the insulation under the bathtub, not fine at all.

I have decided not to fix this as it's just way too much work to get to it. I will just not let the gray tank get full from now on.

travel pics etc
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

SprinklerMan

Md

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is what I found , I had the same problem on a 24 ft Mallard . While traveling up the NJ turnpike , my grey water tank dropped down , fell out it dragged and was no good . BUT i found out what my leak problem was , the pipe that drops into the tank does not have a gasket , it just drops in the hole no seal at all .

After I lost the tank , I never had a problem with leaking , I just plumbed the pipe over to the discharge assembly and bought a portable blue tank .

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 12:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just seen your in flr ,grab some buddies and go fix it. things like this bug me.

wiskeyVI

All Over

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the same issue...but with the black tank.
Took it to CW under warranty, and they found no issues so looks like I'll drop it and try to find out why it's happening.
I've always suspect the vent or cracked tank.
Also, our second grey tank for the washer, which we don't have, gets fluid in it some how????

06 Dodge 1T, CC, CRD
09 Grand Junction 335 5er

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/13 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's the gray tank just don't fill it so full. I know that may not be optimum but, it would be easier the fixing it. Now, if it's the black tank that's going to smell bad and would need to be fixed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Leaking Grey Water Tank
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Trailer Life Magazine | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS