Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Forum Technical Support: Invalid topic or ID....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Invalid topic or ID....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what is captcha?
bumpy

Chris Bryant

Arden, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

what is captcha?
bumpy

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=captcha

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/17 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

I have never, ever seen a CAPTCHA when I post. I wonder why you are getting them.

X 3 You have issues on your end I'm betting....

OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

darsben1

near Canada in NYS/ Casa Grande, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First things to check are;
Time and date on computer.
Time and date on router.
Restart Firefox with add-on's disabled
See if that clears the problem.
If add-on is problem restart them one at time till problem reoccurs.
Also are you perhaps using a VPN to obscure your identity

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris Bryant wrote:

I've seen captcha a couple of times- I believe it's CLoudflare doing it, not the forum. Either your IP range or browser user agent may be in the Cloudflare sketchy range, or the traffic is very heavy.

Cloudflare is a service that website owners sign up for. The options, configuration, and any issues are for the website owners to address with their vendor, Cloudflare [emoticon]

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sch911 wrote:

STBRetired wrote:

I have never, ever seen a CAPTCHA when I post. I wonder why you are getting them.

I'll take that bet! You buying the beverages or the steaks? LOL.

I'm quite aware of the issues and who is responsible. Unfortunately, those folks don't feel it's important to properly configure and manage site security- which is how exploits are found and used.

If you want to have security (and you should), configure it properly and use it properly, and fix any problems quickly. Leaving them to fester just makes for bigger problems...and site slowdowns...and crashes...and rebooting of servers... [emoticon]

These kinds of problems are warning signs that should be heeded. Inappropriate and repeated flagging of safe users means the stats you read about how many "suspicious behavior" items were blocked are skewed and incorrect, which lead to a false sense of security.

More experienced security folks also realize it also means the "wrong" behavior or users are being targeted, instead of actual dangers to the site. Translation: False alerts = Bad definitions and incorrect configuration.

darsben1

near Canada in NYS/ Casa Grande, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DiskDoctr wrote:

sch911 wrote:

STBRetired wrote:

I'll take that bet! You buying the beverages or the steaks? LOL.

I'm quite aware of the issues and who is responsible. Unfortunately, those folks don't feel it's important to properly configure and manage site security- which is how exploits are found and used.

If you want to have security (and you should), configure it properly and use it properly, and fix any problems quickly. Leaving them to fester just makes for bigger problems...and site slowdowns...and crashes...and rebooting of servers... [emoticon]

These kinds of problems are warning signs that should be heeded. Inappropriate and repeated flagging of safe users means the stats you read about how many "suspicious behavior" items were blocked are skewed and incorrect, which lead to a false sense of security.

More experienced security folks also realize it also means the "wrong" behavior or users are being targeted, instead of actual dangers to the site. Translation: False alerts = Bad definitions and incorrect configuration.

The incorrect configuration could be on your end.
Since few have the problem it is probably something in the configuration on your end.

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

darsben1 wrote:

The incorrect configuration could be on your end.
Since few have the problem it is probably something in the configuration on your end.

Okay, since you are so certain, what is the problem?

More specifically, on what information do you base your analysis? I've provided a great deal of very accurate and applicable detail, yet your "gut" (?) tells you all that is wrong and that another user cannot possibly know anything about it [emoticon]

So please enlighten us all with whatever telepathy you are using.

While you're at it, please PM me your certifications. I don't share mine in public and wouldn't ask you too, either.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/17 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the Doctor has it correct. There is something on this site that suspects that his IP is a potential bot. Have been ok on home ISP (SBC) and mobile ISP (Verizon).

As far as the betting goes, I will let you know if I shot myself in the foot by saying no issues.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/17 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

As far as the betting goes, I will let you know if I shot myself in the foot by saying no issues.

There's no way to lose that bet. Whichever you lose, I supply the other, along with the grillin' [emoticon]

It was more in fun than serious...but the bet still holds [emoticon] Let me know when and were we settle up.

And that goes for the rest of you ne'er do wells...bring your favorite meats or beverage and we'll roast and toast 'em both [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Invalid topic or ID....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS