Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Forum Technical Support: Poor TV reception
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Poor TV reception

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ZaBigD

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/17 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my new to me 1990 Fleetwood Flair my TV antenna works very poorly. I cannot find a selector switch between over the air TV and cable. I had the same type batwing antenna on my last trailer which worked excellent that had a selector switch. Parked in the same exact place, now I receive terrible reception. I haven't tried hooking up to cable yet. Anyone know if there is a hidden selector switch or have any suggestions to improve both over the air and cable reception. I would imagine without a selector switch the signals would interfere with each other.
Thanks in advance.

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/17 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be a small red button where the cable from the tv plugs into the wall. This is the booster used while using the ota antenna.

Germania

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/17 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try replacing the cable from the batwing to the entrance connection, a liitle contact cleaner wont hurt.I just did that on my 2004 class a. Doubled the amount of stations I could pivk up

STBRetired

Chicago Suburbs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/17 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would look at coax. Mine quit working in the middle of a trip. Turned out was bad spot in coax where it entered the square tube used to elevate the antenna. Ran new and now it is zip-tied to outside of square tube instead of making the tight turn to enter and exit the tube.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
Master Tow 80THD tow dolly

kerrlakeroo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/17 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With a 1990 model the booster (if it has one) may be faulty. I'd look for that first.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Poor TV reception
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS