Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: LCI Auto Level troubles- 6 pt electric
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> LCI Auto Level troubles- 6 pt electric

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Giggitygoo

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I curious if anyone else is having trouble with their auto level system. Mine is on a 2013 Voltage 3905. I brought mine to dealer after the first use becuase the right rear jack never came down or the middle two jacks either. They said it was fixed, I took it back out again and the front and rear jacks lifted the front and rear axle off the ground and the middle jacks never came down (it was never level- it read out of stroke). I was on level ground and had 5" word of pads under rear jacks. I wonder if the gyros on not sequenced or operating properly.
Thanks for any insight.

gravessat

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same problem, I had to manually calibrate it, you dealer should be able to give you the instructions.

However every now and again the center jacks will not come down all the way and I have to do another autolevel.

2008 Dodge 3500 Megacab
2012 Voltage V3795 Epic package
2011 Black RZR4
2010 blue RZR4 Robbie Gordon Special!

grizzly660fan

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think of the auto level as more of an auto stabilizing system. You need to get the trailer pretty level before using the system. If there are any low spots build them up with pads or wood under the jacks and if necessary under the tires.

Think of the "out of stroke" message from the system as one of the jacks (or more) can't extend far enough to do its job of getting that portion of the trailer level. Just like if you had traditional hand crank jacks and one of them extends down all the way yet doesn't touch the ground.

When the system goes into the out of stroke mode, it stops all jacks, so if your middle jacks are not coming down, it tells me that on one of the four corners the jack has extended as far as it can go and halted the system.

Using a traditional level on the floor or counter you can tell which way the trailer needs to do, retract all the legs (except the front two) build up under the jack that has extended to its full stroke, then try again.

We mainly dry camp or boondock, so I never have a very level surface, I carry blocks to put under jacks. Once you get the hang of how the system works, you will LOVE it.

I hope this helps?

2012 Epic Voltage 3905
2013 High Output Dodge Cummins

Giggitygoo

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just got off the phone with LCI and they told me that I need a group 27 battery to fix the problem since the motor is pulling too many amps (spikes). They said that 90% of problems like this are from lack of available amps. I currently have 2 Interstate deep cycles in parrallel.
What kind of battery do you run (those who have a functioning system)?

Giggitygoo

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gravessat wrote:

I had the same problem, I had to manually calibrate it, you dealer should be able to give you the instructions.

However every now and again the center jacks will not come down all the way and I have to do another autolevel.

The dealer has recalibarated it twice for me, I am still getting the same result. I am bringing plenty of wood for pads where needed, not sure what else to do.

Giggitygoo

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gravessat wrote:

Do your center jacks come down last when they do work?

hammer21661

Eastern Shore MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/13 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Giggitygoo wrote:

gravessat wrote:

Mine do. That thing hasn't broke yet but for now I think it is the Cats MEYOW!

2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

Dave Wilburn

Ogden UT

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The front and rear jacks level the trailer. The middle jacks only come down to act as stabilizers when the others have it level. The middle and rear jacks only have 4" of stroke (if they were longer. They would stick up through the floor).
When you park the trailer, cycle through the screens until it tells you exactly how far out of level you are. You need to get the trailer to within 1 degree of level side to side first. More than that and the rear jacks won't have enough stroke to get it level. Id you are on a soft surface, dig small holes for each tire and park with the tires in those holes. On a hard surface, drive onto blocks to raise the low side. Once that is done, drop the front landing gear and unhook. Then raise or lower the front until the trailer is within 1 degree of level again. Then put blocks under the rear and middle jacks. The. You are then ready to push the auto level button.
You have to get it close the old fashioned way, it then does the fine leveling and stabilizes the trailer. Once you do it right a couple times, you'll get the hang of it and you'll be set up drinking a beer 5 minutes after pulling in.

04.5 Ram 3500, '12 Voltage 3905 Epic, 69 baja bug

Giggitygoo

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave Wilburn wrote:

The front and rear jacks level the trailer. The middle jacks only come down to act as stabilizers when the others have it level. The middle and rear jacks only have 4" of stroke (if they were longer. They would stick up through the floor).
When you park the trailer, cycle through the screens until it tells you exactly how far out of level you are. You need to get the trailer to within 1 degree of level side to side first. More than that and the rear jacks won't have enough stroke to get it level. Id you are on a soft surface, dig small holes for each tire and park with the tires in those holes. On a hard surface, drive onto blocks to raise the low side. Once that is done, drop the front landing gear and unhook. Then raise or lower the front until the trailer is within 1 degree of level again. Then put blocks under the rear and middle jacks. The. You are then ready to push the auto level button.
You have to get it close the old fashioned way, it then does the fine leveling and stabilizes the trailer. Once you do it right a couple times, you'll get the hang of it and you'll be set up drinking a beer 5 minutes after pulling in.

Appreciate the idea, I'll give it a shot.
Makes sense, that way the system does not have to work so long to level.

I' bet I'll be drinking a beer in under 5 minutes after pulling in!

gravessat

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/13 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Giggitygoo wrote:

gravessat wrote:

Yes and now that I think about it I bet my battery was low when I had the rare problem with the center ones not coming down all the way.

If I were you I would get the instructions and a long level and level it and calibrate it yourself on a flat hard surface the first time, they told me the sensor was on the underside of the floor above the middle axel, I also made the front just a little higher than the back, but not much that way my AC condensation drip was at the back when the AC was running.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> LCI Auto Level troubles- 6 pt electric
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.