Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Search
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Open Roads Forum  >  Search the Forums

 > Your search for posts made by 'william_04_x' found 9 matches.

Sort by:    Search within results:
  Subject Author Date Posted Forum
RE: 2008 Weekend Warrior CR3705 holding tanks plumbing

Replumbing the exterior dump lines isn't bad as long as the tank connections are solid. You'll pretty much duplicate what's there with new pieces. If it's not leaking, no need to replace it. The dump valves are that simple. Get replacement valves with metal handles.
william_04_x 11/17/20 07:20pm Toy Haulers
RE: Question for those tha full/part time in their TH

Unloading to make your bed every stop will get old quick. With a quad you may be able to find a TH with a rear bunk that can pull down, and hang over the machine. Then you're climbing a ladder to get up/down. That would make it more manageable.
william_04_x 11/15/20 07:30pm Toy Haulers
RE: Riding in Cal City

As far as reciprocity, my understanding is that many western states no longer reciprocate home state OHV permits. Every affected state wants you to buy their local non resident permit. That is a different circumstance than plated vehicles.
william_04_x 11/15/20 09:10am Toy Haulers
RE: Riding in Cal City

So, to try and clear things up I called the Cal City info number, and asked them if a UT plated SxS was exempt from the local permit. The nice lady told me it "should" be fine. Perfect! LOL Didn't even ask about the red/green sticker thing. Before our machines were plated I'd just get CA non resident OHV permits, and never had any issues at Dumont(12 trips a season). But then again, never got stopped, or stopped to ask. Oh well. We did get our annual water/dump pass in the mail. Ready to go.
william_04_x 11/15/20 09:06am Toy Haulers
RE: Riding in Cal City

We go out there all the time and do have a permit for our RZR. Being street legal you should NOT need the permit. Worst case they stop you and sell you one on the spot $15. We have never been stopped. You'll want to check out Randsburg (lunch) and also the Husky monument! Burro Schmidt tunnel, and lots of other things to see out there. Great info. Thanks!
william_04_x 11/06/20 10:04am Toy Haulers
RE: Riding in Cal City

Did you ask your question on a CanAm page or other SXS forum? No. has always had good info about SoCal off roading. Lots of locals here.
william_04_x 11/06/20 10:03am Toy Haulers
RE: Toy Hauler legend has passed

R.I.P. MW. Still dragging around our 05' FS2600, and use it almost every weekend. We're always looking for a new off road adventure, and this T/H has been with us the whole time.
william_04_x 11/05/20 06:58pm Toy Haulers
RE: Riding in Cal City

If this is the correct location you are asking about, it is clear ALL must display permit. California City ORV I read the same page earlier, and after the last sentences on that page it wasn't perfectly clear to me if my Utah street legal X3 would be compliant.
william_04_x 11/05/20 06:41pm Toy Haulers
Riding in Cal City

Going with friends for the first time over Thanksgiving. We have an X3 with Utah license plates. Do we need the Cal City OHV permit? Any good tips on trails to ride? We can do 100 miles a day.
william_04_x 11/05/20 05:01pm Toy Haulers
Sort by:    Search within results:

New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.