Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2876  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

I taught school for many years and I had a lot od students, most of which I don't remember, but I remember Richard."

Now we are curious why she remembers you. Were you a good student or other? [emoticon]

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2013 chaparral 325MKS
2015 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
B&W companion slider.
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Dixie Flyer wrote:

I taught school for many years and I had a lot od students, most of which I don't remember, but I remember Richard."

Now we are curious why she remembers you. Were you a good student or other? [emoticon]

Other

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7 diesel
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Superslide Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie, and Izzie

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Toolguy5 wrote:

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Other

[emoticon]

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, I taught for 34 years. There are 2 types of students you remember. . . the really good ones and the really bad ones. . . just sayin' . . . [emoticon]

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It was 30* when I got up this morning. Not so bad but the high today will only be in the 40's and its down hill from here. We have an artic cold front coming through that will bring frigid temperatures again.

Spring can't get here soon enough, boy its been a very cold winter especially for the folks further North. Talked to Dandy Dan last night and he said it was snowing. He also told me how cold it has been for the last few weeks in Ohio. I couldn't stand that kind of cold for that long of a period of time.

Today will be clear and colder for us, no chance of snow or sleet. That is a blessing. The fur gang is doing well. So far we have been able to keep an eye on Dixie and keep her from eating out of the yard. She reminds me of Hobo. Always hungry and gobbles down her food. I don't see how she can taste the food it goes down so fast. The bowl we bought that has the raised paw prints in it slows her down some as she has to pick the food from between the raised portions of the bowl.

Sue just got back with the girls so I need to get moving. I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we got a little more then the Weather man said.

[image]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

Well we got a little more then the Weather man said.

[image]

Just keep it all up there. We don't need any down here.

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, it has been in the upper 20's for lows and 40's for highs here on the Texas coast the last few days. They say we will be almost 60 Monday and almost be in the teens Tuesday morning with snow and freezing rain possible. Guess that will be heading your way. Guy loves the cold with his thick coat. I have to make him come in, but the girls hate it. I agree with them.

Everyone stay warm and safe.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Princess 11, Guy 6 and Daisy 5. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/18 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Well Charles it looks as if your weather is catching up with us today. The high will be in the lower 40's with a low in the 20's for tonight. Snow Tuesday night with a low in the 20's. Wednesday night we will be in the teens.

The fur babies are okay, liking the nice warm house and a glowing fire in the fireplace. Izzie camps out in front of the hearth soaking up all warmth being very content. The only time he gets up is to get water, food, or use the litter box.

Today we will go to church, come home, build a fire in the fireplace, eat lunch and just relax. I am done with football for the season as the Falcons lost yesterday so for me the season is over.

Now I wait for spring and warmer weather so we can enjoy the great outdoors and the camper. Looking forward to Dan and Lori along with Dan and Patty coming for a visit.

Hope all is well with everyone and wishing you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/18 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It was 22* this morning when I got up. The high today will be in the 40's. Snow is in the forecast for Tuesday night. Its nice to have a warm house and its nice to know I don't have to get up and go to work some where when its so cold outside.

I remember my Dad telling how he had to walk to school in the cold. Then they moved to Perkins, Georgia and he caught the train to Millen and then had to walk home after school which was about five miles. The house he lived in while in Perkins was still standing the last time I was in there. The church I pastored, Magnolia Baptist back in 2004 -2006 had a register with all the history going back to its beginning. I saw where Dad's brother Willie joined the church in the early 30's. That was just before he moved to Virginia.

Okay that's enough history on my part. I hope all is well with everyone and the fur babies are happy and looking forward to a fun day. I wish I had the energy Dixie has. She wakes up ready to run and play. When she comes back inside after taking care of business outside she grabs the first toy she can find and runs through the house squeaking it for all its worth while waiting for me to prepare her breakfast. Then she dives into the food and gobbles it down, then she grabs a toy and its off to the races again. Meanwhile Suzie just watches her and wonders what all the excitement id all about.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. As for me, I am going to throw another log on the fire, crawl under a blanket and wait for spring.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2876  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS