Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Suggested closed sticky: Can my truck carry this camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Suggested closed sticky: Can my truck carry this camper

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
FF1063

NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/06 10:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 05/16/06 09:54am by FF1063 *

98' Ram 3500 DRW / 05' Arctic Fox 990

jponder

Atlanta & Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/06 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF1063 wrote:

Or......

We could all continue spreading misinformation to the newby's by telling them any camper can fit on any truck and they will be OK as long as they can find someone else who has an even bigger TC on the same underrated truck, irregardless of what the manufacturer claims is the trucks limit because.....

Well, we're just so much smarter and could build a better truck [emoticon]

FF> Man it looked like we were heading somewhere warm and fuzzy, kinda like an olive branch had been extended, then this post. When you say misinformation what exactly do you mean? Didnt I go the extra mile to research the differences in axles and provide accurate info?Didnt i tell the last newbie i wasnt telling him to do it, but that i did it.

Even Kober, my old enemy, wasnt he accepting of the idea that there isnt just one way to do it?

This is the crux of our differences. We accept your opinion but you reject our right to to do it a different way and haggle us and we defend ourselves and it just disentegrates.

The facts remain and our opinions remain. I will load up any camper ever made and i will not be unsafe or irresponsible. I support your right to shun us and to make us easier to spot us, i think all my SRW brothers should have manicans sticking out their front grills that resemble ******************************.

At some point the scare tactics fail!

It aint bragging if you can DO IT!

* This post was edited 02/13/06 08:42pm by an administrator/moderator *

SPACE SHUTTLE
2001 4X4 ETH/DEE Reg Cab
Ricksons 285/70R19.5
US Gear Ex Brake
*NO CRUISE CONTROL!!! *
*MANUAL THROTTLE CABLE for 21.3MPG!*
*DRW WORST NIGHTMARE MONSTER TRUCK!*
Camper:
94 Lance EU2000
11700 gw tc+t.
Soon:
Cat Heat& MO BATTERIES!!

FF1063

NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/06 05:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 05/16/06 09:53am by FF1063 *

Matthew_B

The boonies near Dallas, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/06 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF1063 wrote:

Hey jponder,

I was just having some fun relating to the previous "Weight Police" post, I still love you, Will you be my Valentine ? [emoticon]

Anyway, I'm going to add up my OEM tire capacities (X6) later and make a new label with my Brother P-Touch label maker and apply it over that silly Dodge 11,000 GVWR number. I'm thinking of making the new GVWR 14,880 lbs. I'll post a pic to make it official.

I'd rather be camping, but it's winter here and I'm bored.

Ron

OOH, good idea!

Mine is going to get a 15,800 lb sticker

jponder

Atlanta & Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/06 06:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF1063 wrote:

Hey jponder,

I was just having some fun relating to the previous "Weight Police" post, I still love you, Will you be my Valentine ? [emoticon]

Anyway, I'm going to add up my OEM tire capacities (X6) later and make a new label with my Brother P-Touch label maker and apply it over that silly Dodge 11,000 GVWR number. I'm thinking of making the new GVWR 14,880 lbs. I'll post a pic to make it official.

I'd rather be camping, but it's winter here and I'm bored.

Ron

I'd think you could roll at 14.8K, maybe i am giving your driving habits too much credit though, cant be sure. Your truck could do it certainly.

So far as the valentine offer.......... man look what happens in New York stays in new York, Dont bring that stuff down here [emoticon]

Neverhappy

Europe

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/06 01:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This time I will not give my opinion :-)

Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

jponder

Atlanta & Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/06 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neverhappy wrote:

This time I will not give my opinion :-)

You just mad boy that FF asked me to be his Valentine and not you! You got to watch them boys up in New York, that snow kinds of gives them Cabin Fever and you got to watch them! Cant turn your back on them or drop the soap. [emoticon]

Now here is an explanation about the post that was edited. I now see it was my comment about dead Nuns and orphans.

When we start weight post it follows a rut, first we talk about physical components, then it shifts to lawyers and Insurance guys and finally it ends up that the SRW people are irresponsible and will certainly kill Nuns and orphans.

I was saying the SRW guys ought to have some cabbage patch dolls sticking out their front grill that looked like Nuns and orphans where the weight police could easily spot us at a distance and steer clear of us. i dont see anything wrong with that

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Suggested closed sticky: Can my truck carry this camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.