Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Your Rig
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Your Rig

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 333  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
outlaw85

Wisconsin

Full Member

Joined: 11/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/16/18 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.

[image]


2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

Senior Member

Joined: 07/13/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/17/18 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice outlaw85!


2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 SD CC DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat, Hensley BD3 with Ford Under-Bed Adaptor
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, and Missy in spirit), Maggie, and Mica!


bpounds

Senile, er I mean

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/17/18 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

outlaw85 wrote:

Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.


Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.


2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver


Rob_Fla

Where we Park It

Senior Member

Joined: 03/14/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/17/18 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

outlaw85 wrote:

Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.


Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.


If it squats and raises the front end much, the headlights on low beam will blind the oncoming drivers at night.


2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

outlaw85

Wisconsin

Full Member

Joined: 11/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/17/18 10:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't want to hijack but don't want to ignore the posts either.

ReneeG wrote:

Nice outlaw85!


Thank you! It's a huge upgrade from the mid-late 90's [emoticon].

bpounds wrote:

outlaw85 wrote:

...


Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.


Might be a bad picture. I was on a slight hill looking down. The trailer is level..ish but only after my dad and I dropped the hitch to the lowest holes for the pinbox. Previous to that it had a pretty good nose dive. This trailer is "1980lb" hitch weight where the 30RK was "~1300lb-ish". No official numbers though. The truck is sitting on the overload springs in the pic.

Rob_Fla wrote:

bpounds wrote:

outlaw85 wrote:

Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.



Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.


If it squats and raises the front end much, the headlights on low beam will blind the oncoming drivers at night.


Definitely, agree. Luckily, we don't have to do much night driving. Most of our trips are only within a few hours. Once the truck is back to 100%, I would feel more comfortable with any driving and this could come into play. Good call [emoticon] I was also told (for what that's worth) if the front lifts too much it can cause premature steering gearbox wear.

* This post was edited 08/18/18 01:09pm by outlaw85 *

eurojet

Ontario

New Member

Joined: 08/23/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/18 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2018 Crusader lite 30bh
Great layout for a family, traded in my 2016 Springdale 260le

[image]
Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

* This post was last edited 09/05/18 06:51am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

ivbinconned

highway 16

Senior Member

Joined: 09/27/2003

View Profile



Posted: 09/04/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]14 wheeler.

Sinton4616

Texas

Full Member

Joined: 09/14/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/18 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Brought her home today! Planning on our fist trip in Mid October.


2018 F350 6.7L DRW 4WD 3.55 with 5,490lbs CC "little yellow sticker"
B&W 20K Companion Hitch
2018 Keystone Avalanche 321RS
Destroyed by Hurricane Harvey: 2006 Fleetwood Prowler 3102BDS


JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

Full Member

Joined: 12/31/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/09/18 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice! What's the story about the one destroyed in the hurricane?


2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS--Now with Titan Disc Brakes
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights... and counting.

Sinton4616

Texas

Full Member

Joined: 09/14/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/16/18 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JKJavelin wrote:

Nice! What's the story about the one destroyed in the hurricane?



I didn't take the TT with me when we evacuated for Hurricane Harvey. Trying to get our place borded up, along with the in-laws, cattle, etc. we ran out of time before we had to leave. Spend 5 days in a hotel, hating every minute. When we got home, did a quick check and didn't "see" any obvious damage to the TT like broken windows, tree limbs sticking out. Was more concerned about the damage to the house, getting the generator running, food, etc. Took 6 days from when we got home, before we got power back.


When things finally settled down about a month later, inspected the TT. Found where a tree limb had cracked the fiberglass front cap at the roof line, driver's side of the TT in several places and rear. Also ripped the roof from something being dragged across it. Tried to cover it up to prevent further damage, but was already done. Water got in and mold started. End of that TT.


Insurance company totaled it, just took a long time doing it. By the time they hauled it away, you couldn't step inside without a respirator.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 333  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Your Rig
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS