Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/18 04:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim - thanks for keeping us up to date with what you're doing...
The front cabinet looks perfect and your drawer fix is ingenious - good for you!

Yesterday I installed a little velcro strap in the wardrobe to hold back the shirts near the bottom so they won't keep the door from shutting. I was always pushing the shirts in and then trying to shut the door really quick before they got in the way.

I also removed the curtain for the kitchen window. It took a little bit of space away from my tiny kitchen counter and I cut a piece of reflectix to cover the window when necessary.

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/18 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today was loading up some of the cabinets to see if all the normal kitchen stuff had a place. Then the Mailman dropped off my latest purchase. I was looking for a table that would store in the place between the new kitchen cabinet and the second side door. Ideally it would work both outside and inside so I can leave the one that came with the B at home, since you need to put in two metal poles to use. We will seldom need an inside table hence the double duty. I found this Coleman table on Amazon and it looks very versatile and fits where I wanted to store it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YX........=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added a tie down loop and strapped it in it's place. I will wait till after our trip in a couple of weeks and we use it for a few days to see if it really works.

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/18 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimBollman: took a lot longer to figure out what I was going to do that it did to do it when I came up with a solution

Man, have I been there on that statement!!!

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

thriftydutch

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/18 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had the rear heater hoses replaced after we burst one in Sheboygan Wi. on the long weekend in September. Also had an oil change and front and rear end alignment. Now I am too broke to go anywhere.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/18 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doing the winterizing... Hate it. Have to use the pink stuff in our B since blowing with air it never stops sputtering.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/18 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just replaced tires..... Ouch!

2001 RoadTrek 190

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/18 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally got back to doing mods on our Bee. Pulled the back out of the overhead cabinet I repurposed a while back and added an LED light and switch this afternoon. I'll connecte up the wiring and run wires from the same area behind the side cabinets for an additional usb charging port back by the beds.

Did 1000 mile trip with 4 nights in the Bee back the middle of October and all the changes so far worked out well. Did need the two above additions. Also wondering if a Sportsmobile swivel seat base will work to make the passenger bucket rotate. Would be nice to have an extra usable seat when camped.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/18 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stayed in the B during the day on Thursday because the heat was down in our apartment. Any excuse for a day in the van. (Temp 7 when we got up the AM). Yesterday took off to see some mountains. Today, probably the same. This one is so much fun do drive.

2007 Damon Challenger
2005 Saturn Ion

Moli, our sweet Lab Mix
Gus, our insane, sweet Cat

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/18 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trekkar wrote:

Just replaced tires..... Ouch!

Dreading this. We are thinking about getting studs for our van so we can use is in the winter. Anyone else do this?

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/18 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yizit wrote:

Last week we winterized our "Roada" [emoticon], but today....we took it to our local state park and did some hiking. Living in Wisconsin when you have a nice day like today, you just gotta get out and do something fun. We just love having our RT to come back to after a long walk.

Know what you mean. Loved the idea that we can just hop in and drive away into the sunshine. We won’t be getting much more of that stuff till next year.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 153  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS