Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/17 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We managed to get everything ready for the party. WLToo will go get ice in a bit, and I still have to brew some tea, but otherwise we're done.

Short Friend will go to town and pick up Mom. One of our writers' group is nearly 90 and the two hit it off, so we can park them at the table and they'll be highly entertaining. They're both funny and sarcastic - well, when you've reached nearly a century, say what ya wanna. Sometimes, the rest of us forget our conversations, because Mom and C. are so fascinating. I started writing down some of their stories, to use in my own fiction.

Spotacus went outside, but it's way too wet and foggy for him. 65 degrees and 99% humidity means his widdle feetsies get all icky, and whatever he squats over is all wet on his bum. That poor cat. He left footprints on the newly steam mopped floor and took up residence on our bedspread. He's social, but not when we have 20-some folks here, so I expect he'll stay in the bedroom for the party.

Spotted a couple of does laying in the grass on the other side of our south fence. Couldn't tell if Leoghaire was one. At least we know they're not all gone.

Time to brew tea. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Spotacus--Christmas cat

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/17 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last week, we realized there's a small leak in the pool's side wall. Wednesday, the master toilet clogged up so tight that it took WLToo two days to clear it. We definitely need new toilets. Then yesterday, we noticed the ice and water dispenser on the rather old refrigerator was leaking, so we went to town and bought a new fridge, to be delivered on Boxing Day (26 Dec).

After all that, new lyrics just popped into my head, so I'm sharing with y'all:

With apologies to Rogers & Hammerstein, I present the last few days at the Smith household.

There's a sad sort of leaking from the fridge on the wall
And the can in the master loo
And out in the north yard an absurd little leak
Is taking water from the pool
Cuckoo, cuckoo
Regretfully they tell us
But firmly they compel us
To say, "Goodbye" to you (points to bank balance)

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night
We're in the zone Appliances Twilight
(instrumental) dee deedle deep deep dee dee dee, dee deedle deep deep dee

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you (points to refrigerator, toilets, and swimming pool leak area)

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
The fridge will go right after Christmas day

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
New toilets soon, and so we'll sit up high

I'm glad they'll go, I cannot tell a lie
More power to flush, no clogs when we let fly

The pool we'll fix when New Year has arrived
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
Goodbye

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/17 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon] [emoticon]

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Let's keep rolling!
Magnus

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/17 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/17 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry Christmas, y'all. WLToo was very, very good to me this year - gave me a 20 gauge Browning Citori shotgun. Happy sigh. Got my dream gun.

Spotacus has been asleep all day; a bit concerned initially, but he just went outside, so perhaps all is well. If not, veterinarian brother is here.

Sister and family will wander in anytime now. Not a problem, after her huge feast last night, all we're doing is a cold collation of antipasti, and a lot of wine and Christmas movies.

You all enjoy yourselves this wonderful day.

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/17 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry Christmas to you all as well. Our cats young and old are sleeping all day too. I think it's their hibernation season for "dark-early".

Isn't the Citori an over/under? Sounds like a great present. Now all you need is a boatload of shells and a practice range. [emoticon]

Anna Stils

Berkeley

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/17 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
My relatives have three cats.
They are very nervous for Christmas.
Because of night fireworks.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/17 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

Isn't the Citori an over/under? Sounds like a great present. Now all you need is a boatload of shells and a practice range. [emoticon]

Also got the boatload of shells, and we'll be down at the range when it warms up a few degrees more.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/17 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spotacus graced us with a nice upchuck on the area rug. That's quite rare; he usually throws up outside, but it's too cold for him today.

The does are back. So are two absolutely beautiful multi-pronged bucks. I think one is a surviving twin of Mama Doe Lassie's. He looks like her, and responded when I called, "Hello, babies!" the call I always used on the twins. Between him, Leoghaire, and her two does of last year and this year, MDL's lineage continues.

I think I'm getting over a bout of sinusitis. Still a mite deaf with the eustachian tube pressure, and my ribs are sore from coughing up the goop, but I do actually feel better. Maybe. As the day goes along, if I'm not dropping off by 1500, I'll know I'm getting better.

Of all the expectorants in the world, I actually rediscovered one that works within a half hour: bourbon, lemon juice and honey. Also soothed my throat, the fumes helped open the sinuses, and I could actually taste it. So that's been my evening libation the last several nights, and I could go to bed with a clear chest.

Well, I have an appetite now, so it's lunchtime. Later, y'all.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/17 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

Of all the expectorants in the world, I actually rediscovered one that works within a half hour: bourbon, lemon juice and honey. Also soothed my throat, the fumes helped open the sinuses, and I could actually taste it. So that's been my evening libation the last several nights, and I could go to bed with a clear chest.

Well, I have an appetite now, so it's lunchtime. Later, y'all.

My dad would swear by hot toddy's. My grandmother was a teetotaler but that was one libation (medicinal of course )allowed. I'm fighting the same issues,as many in our area are. It's a little more than just sinusitis, probably flu despite getting the geezer flu shot. I see a cure in my future.

Doug

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Kaiya (8 yr old Golden)
Jill & Henry at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS