Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WLToo decided we absolutely had to use the new microwave, so he pulled out a heavy duty extension cord and plugged it in. Works great, and boy, is it quiet. Don't even know it's running until it's done and starts singing.

Mom is visiting her brother in Florida. Called to tell us they just got a little breeze and light rain. Good. I don't think surviving a hurricane has ever been on her bucket list.

Nephew 1 is at Fort Rucker. It got some wind and rain, but he said it's not bad. Nephew 2 is sworn into the Air Force tomorrow, but doesn't go to basic training until after 1 January.

Spotacus is parked by my leg. He's just happy to be where he is.

We stopped at the RV dealer to pick up a free gallon of antifreeze. Checked on status and found out the mechanic has not yet finished checking out all the problems, contrary to the email we got a week ago. Sigh. Guess that trip to see the Marfa Lights isn't happening anytime soon. I'm really, really missing L'Andante now...

Well, I got very little sleep last night, and I keep dropping off while typing. So I'll just correct this last little bit and go to bed early. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Spotacus--Christmas cat

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new mw in our mh is great. No problem.

Glad that Spotacus has forgiven you.[emoticon]

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Let's keep rolling!
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/18 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we went from 90 degrees yesterday to 48 at 0600 this morning, which was the day's high. Windy, downright nippy out there -- we've just gone from summer to winter temps. Where did autumn sneak off to?

All the rivers to the west are rain swollen and may flood. I hope our river stays calm, with its several lakes still refilling after the drought. Day after tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of a devastating flood in the county seat downriver. We have more rain in the forecast all week. We've received 1.54" today alone, so folks are a mite nervous in town.

Spotacus refuses to go outside and build more Mount Poopmores -- he doesn't like wet ground. But when he does his once a day poop, he puts his head inside the Litter Robot and poops on the floor. We're going to keep a close eye on him around this time of day, and when he goes into the laundry room, follow and shove his fanny inside the robot. What a strange cat he can be.

Meanwhile, the electrician came to change out the 220 outlet for a 110. When he looked into the panel, he got very worried. We wound up with a bigger panel. On the up side, we now know what's on which circuit and we're not going to burn up. On the down side, that blew the budget for the foreseeable future. But after eight years, we're finally looking at the last of all the stuff that made this place a "unique fixer-upper."

WLToo is designing a carport for Obi-Wander, to keep some of the Texas heat out. Not looking forward to digging the holes for the concrete pilings, considering this is mostly a limestone ledge. But once the pilings are in, the rest is fairly easy, especially since it's obviously no longer summer...

Sure is many beautiful shades of green around here, and the late summer/early autumn wildflowers are blooming in profusion. One is a perennial shrub by the south porch, a Texas lantana (lantana horrida). Think I'll trellis that one. We harvested some berries to plant in other locations, too. A huisache (Acacia smallii Isely) (pronounced we satch) tried to grow right next to the driveway, but the thorns would make a mess of any vehicle brushing against it (not to mention human skin), so WLToo mowed it down. Now, if we can get some to grow along the fence, they could stay.

Black-eyed peas are ready. Later, y'all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 135  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus the Christmas Cat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS