Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next
Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rudy's apparently really mad at us for insisting on giving him medication twice a day. He took off yesterday morning and did not respond to my calling him. At 0430 this morning, WLToo said he saw Rudy behind the garage and called him. Rudy looked at him and continued walking away. It's afternoon and still no sign on him.

As food oriented as he is, Rudy has either found a burrow or nest of something and is dining heartily. Or he's found other humans to feed him. As soon as it starts to cool down, I'll start calling him again. If he deigns to turn up, he'll stay inside until at least four days after we finish giving him the medication, maybe longer.

As I was calling him yesterday, he didn't answer, but Leoghaire and the other two does did. She is still hugely pregnant.

Time to go out and start calling. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Randolph Scatt, tabby cat
Rudy, ginger cat, missing but not forgotten
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope Rudy comes back and settles inside.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Stephany

Brier, WA (just north of Seattle)

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a cat! Hope he gets his butt home and over his snit soon.

Stephany

Stephany & Wally Schneider + 2 almost grown kids, a bouncing baby beagle and a camping cat
2003 Sunnybrook 2850SL
2002 GMC 2500HD Duramax crew cab short bed

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/20 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No sign of him, which is very worrying. WLToo walked the fence line and found a fawn skeleton, but no cat bones. Notified our vet, the local shelter and our NextDoor forum, will post bulletins at the local boards. Will also contact all the other vets, just in case someone takes him there.

A neighbor called and thought the ginger cat hanging out in their yard and meadow might be him. Nope. It was a tom cat hanging out with a gray female, and apparently they both spend a fair amount of time in the northwest corner of our property, down where we can't see them. Now I'm concerned that tom cat may have attacked Rudy and driven Rudy away from his own home. Things are not looking good.

A number of websites that used to post missing pets are gone, so I don't have those links. Emails with photos and posters are about all I can do with all this distancing business.

Poor Czarny is worried. He's sticking very, very close to me or staying on his cat tree. He still occasionally goes outside, but does not stay long. Granted, it's hot now.

Into the swimming pool, finally, today. Need to work off the winter sluggishness.

Meanwhile, all the good vibes sent toward Rudy would be most appreciated.

Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 01:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prayers for Rudy's safe return.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a thought. One of ours went missing for 4 days. We called every day. One morning he finally showed up and his fur was full of sticky pine sap. Apparently he was up a pine tree eluding a predator. We kept him home after that. You might want to look up in the trees for Rudy.

Stephany

Brier, WA (just north of Seattle)

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our directionally-challenged kitty was missing for 4 days until a neighbor on the next street over called and said she ran into his garage and then house. He recognized her from the poster I had put on the community mailboxes for a 5 block radius around our house.

Be sure to include a big color picture of him on your poster, and put copies on every mailbox or group of mailboxes all around you.

I also found tips online for finding scared kitties when they get out. According to what I read, they don't usually go that far away, but they can be too scared to return when you call them. Suggestions included borrowing a trap from an animal rescue and setting it up nearby. Other suggestions were to use trail cameras to see if you can see him.

One other thing, I walked all the streets around us looking for her, and I talked with a neighbor who said their cat was once missing for a month before she came home. So there is always hope.

I hope he comes home soon.

Stephany

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rudy may have sneaked into the 5th wheel. Or is hiding under it. Or found some other hiding spot in an outbuilding.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rudy is not in/under the FW, and we don't have outbuildings. With the heat and no rain all this week, unless he made his way to the lake, the heat may well have killed him, if a predator did not.

So far, two calls were supposed to be him, but neither were. Czarny was very down for several days, but seems to have perked up, which leads me to believe Rudy is not coming home. Czarny is staying very, very close to home now.

Still, we'll keep the posters up and the lost notices on the internet a while longer. Miracles do happen occasionally.

Leoghaire came up this evening. The fawn(s) were banging about on both sides. She's going to be very relieved to give birth...

Tall Friend was manhandled rather badly at the rehab facility. They tore tendons, muscles, and broke a bone in his left arm, which they had been using as a fulcrum to get him up and down. So his rehab has taken a huge step backward, and Short Friend is out for blood. She does not forgive and forget. Nope, she's more into a scorched earth policy.

WLToo just smashed a scorpion in the kitchen. First one inside the house this spring. Tomorrow we'll do the semi-annual spray around all the openings.

Meanwhile, I'll have a little stroll around before bedtime. Don't need to be stepping on one in the dark. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sorry to hear about TF and Rudy. Rough Memorial Day Weekend all around. We’ll pray for Rudy to miraculously reappear and settle in. I think we would keep Czarny close if it were us too.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.