Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 184  
Prev  |  Next
dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry about your troubles. Speaking from personal experiences, that's a difficult time/transition when dealing with parents.

I guess one good thing is that this happened this year rather than last year when there was no vaccine for COVID. At least that's one worry you don't need to have.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Sorry about your troubles. Speaking from personal experiences, that's a difficult time/transition when dealing with parents.

I guess one good thing is that this happened this year rather than last year when there was no vaccine for COVID. At least that's one worry you don't need to have.

Same here. Glad it wasn't last year.

Our parents are gone now but we had one that lived a few miles down the road and would call us at 2:30 am to come over and talk.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/21 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spousal Unit's grandmother always forgot which time zone he was in, and would call him in the wee hours...

Mom's improved so much they're sending her home tomorrow. She still can't use her right shoulder, although she can bend her elbow and use her computer and such -- just can't raise her arm above 90 degrees at elbow. So she'll still need a bit of assistance here and there. Sister will likely stress out (she's prone to that), so I'll go down every few days to give her a mental health break.

Today is weird. Cloudy, humid, yet it only got to 81 degrees. It's almost nippy to us. At least Czarny enjoyed his day outside, sleeping in a porch chair and watching whatever it is he sees.

The barn swallow second laying has hatched already. Spousal Unit saw at least one stick its head up above the nest edge.

We have transitioned from the doe herd to the buck herd in our meadow. That's okay; the bucks really need a safe haven inside our fence. We still see Leoghaire occasionally, but not that often.

Kinda quiet here otherwise. Nice. Time for supper now. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Harley, blacker cat

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear your mom is better. I see the Gulf Coast is getting another mess of rain. Have you put pontoons on Obiwander yet?

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/21 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've only managed a little over an inch, Magnus. No need for pontoons yet.

The tourons descended upon us yesterday. Between the ones who were lost and driving 20 mph below the speed limit, the ones who are in a hurry and driving 20 mph above the speed limit, and the drunk drivers, the wreaks are keeping the sirens going almost constantly. We'll be staying home all weekend.

On the up side, we won't have to sit fire watch, thanks to the rains.

We ran the robot mop today. Czarny was up on his tower asleep, when the robot crinkled the cat tunnel at the base of his tower. He did a vulture impression, staring down at it for the next few passes. He's followed it around a few times, stopping when he realized his feet were wet. Otherwise, he just ignores it.

We got an estimate for a Jeep/Forza towing rig today. Hopefully, it will be installed before we make our next trip in August. Local company, so they don't take the extreme amount of time places like CW do.

Made a couple of "trail mix cakes" today for Sunday's gathering. It's actually called Dried Fruit & Nut Loaf, but I didn't have enough specific dried fruit or nuts, so I filled in with trail mix. The M&Ms have made some interesting colors in the cakes, but I'm sure they'll taste just as good as the one from last month. At least I cleared out all the dried fruit and nuts in the pantry.

Guess it's time to remove the cakes from the pans now. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny, vulture-cat. That would make a good vid to watch.

Glad you aren't getting flooded like some people. We've dubbed our tourists "Ferengis". Always looking, buying, whining and in general making a mess of traffic like your tourons.

We're having our reunion at our favorite state park. The family managed to get cabins and a number of rv sites. We reserve ahead one year. Herself and I rolled in on Monday and the family has been coming in all week. We'll all go home stuffed and tired. I'm headed to bed myself after banking the coals.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's become decidedly soggy around here. Over a week of daily rain, some quite heavy, several flood warnings in the lower areas. At least the normal high 90s temps haven't shown up yet.

Pool is more than full. I love it when the rainwater refills it; water feels super silky.

Cantaloupe vines are very, very happy. Lots of flowers, so I hope we will actually see more than two cantaloupes harvested this year.

I'd made a couple of fruit and nut loaves for the 4th, and had so much left over that I thought, what the heck, and fed a few pieces to Leoghaire. She loves it so much that she's actually putting muzzle marks on the glass in the door, much like her mama did. Still have an entire loaf left, so I'm giving her a daily treat; she certainly doesn't need supplemental feeding with all the rain keeping the vegetation growing, so it is just a treat.

We are somewhat concerned about Leoghaire, though. She looks pregnant, but we know she isn't. I wonder if it's whatever ailment will kill her, as she is about seven years old, which is the average lifespan for whitetail does around here. Even though she isn't near as inclined to hang around with us as her mama was, we'll miss her when she does leave us.

Czarny got highly agitated the other day, the first time Leoghaire marched up to the door and let us know she was here for her treat. He'd never seen her on the porch, which is his domain. Fortunately, Czarny was inside. He fluffed up on this side of the door and called her names. She ignored him. It was pretty funny to watch.

Think I'll stroll around outside for a bit, and see if Leoghaire is nearby.

Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/21 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too funny. What names do you think he’s using?

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/21 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dunno, Magnus. I'm not tempted to ask, either...

More clouds and rain inbound. The far west is getting what's normally our dry and extremely hot weather. Wildfires abound. It's kind of strange, in a good way, to not being on fire watch in July.

Mom's out of the arm sling and using her arm again. She's still getting therapy at home for a while longer. She's supposed to be wearing compression socks until the edema subsides, but I doubt she will, as they are tight and somewhat difficult to put on. I'll be hauling her to at least six more medical appointments before the end of the month, but then I get a break for a while.

We're trying to rip out the rosemary bushes that didn't survive the February cold, but those roots are fighting us. We need to get that area cleared so we can plant our new Copper Canyon Daisy plants. These are supposed to be deer repellant butterfly and honeybee flowers. I really like the foliage scent; very spicy. Copper Canyon Daisy

We planted tomatoes yesterday for the fall/winter garden. Still only flowers instead of fruit on the cantaloupe, so WLToo is going to try a powder that's supposed to get the plant to produce fruit. We'll see.

Czarny has finally figured out that when it's dark, he gets treats. So as soon as it's fully dark, he starts pestering Spousal Unit for his treats. He's also apparently figured out that once he gets the treats, he's inside for the night, because he's not bugging us to go back out afterward.

I had some clothes on my drying rack out by the pool yesterday. The first time Czarny noticed them swinging in a very light breeze, he went full body poof instantly and his eyes went huge. But he worked up enough nerve to slink over and sniff one of the shirts; once he did, he unpoofed and strolled back to his favorite porch chair. I pretended to not see it, so he wasn't embarrassed.

Time to put together a bit of lunch. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Full body poof- I like that. Cats and dogs both are excellent clock watchers. Ours have even figured out the whole DST switch up every year.

We had to deal with relentless smoke from wildfires a few years ago. Herself had a very trying 6 weeks of battling respiratory fallout from them.

Here’s good luck with your thorny battles [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 184  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.