Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/20 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours have brought all kinds of prey over the years from snakes to mice and rats and bats and moles. We had one that liked to go after scorpions. Another wouldn’t leave skinks alone until she was poisoned by the toxins in the tail. They flushed her out with IV solutions but she always walked with a funny stagger after that.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/20 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took Mom for a drive this morning. She's getting restless. We were actually going to drop off mail and the recycles, but the county recycling trucks didn't show up. But she got to admire the wildflowers proliferating all along the roads.

I have to go to the big city tomorrow, to pick up a home sleep study kit. The doctor's office is having me show up at a particular spot in their parking garage, phone the tech, and wait for her to bring it out to me. I'll come home and use it, then haul it back and do the same drill.

Mom's 95th birthday is the 18th, so we've been assembling her presents (books). She reads at a rate even exceeding mine, and refuses to use an iPad or Kindle, so she's run through all of my paperbacks already. No gathering planned, naturally, but we'll Skype with the other kids/relatives who want to join in.

Got danged hot today, and with the humidity, it was unpleasant out there. Czarny decided he'd rather have an extended period of laptime instead of being outside. He must have been seriously miserable the short time he was outside this morning. Rudy was more interested in catching up on his sleep. Spousal Unit was having Parkinson's dreams involving fighting, and poor Rudy got rousted when SU jerked about.

SU said he saw a group of does at the fence line today, all smaller than Leoghaire. They must be the ones dispossessed when they started building that apartment building down the road. Hope they stay.

Time to get another few things done before dark. Later, y'all.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Randolph Scatt, tabby cat
Rudy, ginger cat, missing but not forgotten
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 02:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Birthday to your mom! [emoticon]

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mom's general practitioner has gone to strictly telemedicine. But her office never bothered to phone the patients who do not have internet access to their system. I found this out when they didn't answer the phone, and I went to the office, since I was already in the building. Big sign with "Telemedicine Only" and call a number for more info. Well, that number is the office number and they are not answering it. So I guess Mom has no appointments this month... She's relieved -- was scared to go into the big city in the first place.

Big thunderstorm building up around us. Lightning already, a little thunder, and it's just building. Both cats are outside. I assume Rudy is under the new deck; he likes it there. Czarny was laying on the deck stairs, but he's elsewhere now.

I don't think I'll sit on the porch and watch this storm; it's acting strange. In fact, I'm getting off the computer and shutting it down. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope the boys come in. Stay safe from the storm too. Will your mom come into the house?

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both cats answered, but had to be picked up and carried into the house, protesting all the way. Shortly after, a big thunderclap sent them both into the bedroom and they stopped asking to go out. Mom stays in the house until just before dark, then goes back to the FW. Nothing actually hit us after dark, so she was fine.

Today's been cloudy and acting occasionally like it would rain, but hasn't yet.

On the Sister front, seems the woman buying her house has been lying through her teeth. Her job was never in peril. She was in the middle of a divorce and did not want her ex-husband's name on the deed (like that was even an issue), so she lied about darn near everything until the divorce was final earlier this week. So the house closing is back on for the 14th, Sister is moving into her new house on Sunday, and she's still infuriated at the woman and very grateful her new house's sellers have been so easy to deal with. I don't have all the details, but it sounds like the woman is a real ditz.

Mom will move in with her two weeks after Sunday, with whatever she has here. We still don't know how/when to get access to Mom's IL apartment to fully move her out (the big city and county governments are doing strange stuff when it comes to older folks).

Tall Friend came home from rehab today. He's doing really well. He can walk a fair distance, can get himself up out of chairs/beds/etc., take himself to the bathroom without assistance, and his left arm is improving steadily. He was quite perky when we carried his other recliner into the house.

Some sad news: their immediately across the road neighbor's dad is in Chicago, dying from COVID-19, and son can't get there. Dad's significant other died from it a few days ago, and he was removed from the respirator today, as his organs are shutting down. Both were in their 80s, but with no other health issues. Neighbor lost his wife to cancer last fall, and now this.

Stuff like that is why we're holding off on moving Mom. Anything the movers touch will have had the virus (if there) die within that time.

Well, the sun's out and there's a lovely breeze, so it's time to sit on the deck and enjoy the afternoon. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/20 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad the boys are in. Heard the news Texas is going to be hit with a bad storm this weekend. Batten the hatches. Sorry to hear about the neighbor’s troubles. Stay safe.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sister is moving today; she sent photos. The sun is out, the breeze is absolutely lovely, and we have a deck to enjoy. The cats are roaming in and out, not really liking the wind in their ears. Unfortunately, clouds are building and the breeze is increasing, so an afternoon thunderstorm appears in the offing again.

Mom stayed with us last night, as we were under a tornado watch, and she thought a Fifth Wheel was not the place to be. If it calms down this evening, she'll move back.

Spring sure is a beautiful time in this area. The wildflowers are profuse now; just wish we could take a drive and see them, but the county put us all on lockdown except for food, medicine, and fuel trips. Oh, well, we have plenty in the meadow to admire.

Hope you all have a safe and pleasant Easter. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Easter to you all!

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quiet Easter (naturally). Got a mite nippy last night, and today only made it into the 60s, but it's sunny and breezy. Rudy decided he'd rather be inside; Czarny's been in and out all day.

Sister's moved in, at least with what was still at her old house. Her stuff in storage gets delivered later this week. Meanwhile, she phoned Spousal Unit, asking if she could change her dryer's four prong plug to a three-prong. Uh, nooo... She needs both an electrician and a plumber to correct the dryer and the refrigerator ice maker water line issues. She also reported Nephew's cat kept her up all night howling. He's not as calm about this move as when they lived at Tall and Short Friend's place.

SU has made enchiladas for dinner, so I'll say Later, y'all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.