Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Herself is all into quilting. A few of her friends come over and they make those quilts of valor for veterans. Sometimes they make quilts for family too.

Hope Czarny stays safe from swooping hawks, swooping ospreys and other predatory birds.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tropical wave came in, and we'll see rain off and on for the next several days. Czarny's plopped in a chair on the porch, not understanding why his humans can't dry things out so he can play in the meadow. Sigh.

Went to Mom's and hung pictures, then set up her new printer, found files she couldn't find (they were in the top box of all the boxes in her office/genealogy closet), and hung a blanket display for her and Dad's wedding blanket. Now Mom no longer has bare walls, and there's more room with those boxes gone.

Our backs are sore...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Harley, blacker cat

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/21 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sore yes, but progress definitely. Czarny will be okay if he's anything like ours. Ours sleep until the weather suits them.

We have the PC getting tuned up by our favorite maintenance guy. She's in great shape but just want to change out the fluids and making sure brakes and other things are in top working order. We're heading out in June for a month with no particular destination in mind. We're dubbing this trip our Wanderlust trip and will go wherever our hearts send us. The kids will check on us every night via cell phone. We'll tell them where we are and which direction we're headed the next day. Or whether we'll stay for awhile. No itinerary. No schedules. Just wandering.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best kind of trip, magnusfide. We love just going. Wish we could do it more often.

We have a trip planned for August, to my 50th high school reunion. Amazingly, of the 26 grads, 22 are still alive and over half are planning to come. Mom is coming with us, so she can see her last two living oldest friends one more time, but she'll stay with a cousin, rather than in the RV with us. There's no safe way to set up her CPAP in the RV's "guest quarters," and we'll all feel safer for her at cousin's house.

We're working on some shorter trips, but nothing has jumped out at us so far.

Yesterday, WLToo finally got down to the garden and came up with a pound of green beans, which we snapped and steamed, then took over to Tall and Short Friend's house for our weekly Sunday dinner. They were delicious. I hope the bush beans produce enough to actually can this year. All these years here and I still haven't broken out the pressure canner.

Czarny just came back inside and wants me to go outside with him. Later, y'all.

* This post was edited 05/31/21 10:40am by Wanderlost *

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That sounds like a great trip in August for all of you.
We do shorter trips to state parks. Just for long enough to get a breather. We'll see a lot of state parks on our Wanderlust trip.

We decided we have to pick a general direction because there's a siege on the reservations in all directions this year. Better make a few plans or we'll be left out in the parking lot.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/21 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Czarny and we are getting webbed feet. So much rain, so much humidity -- you'd think we live on the Gulf Coast instead of inland. On the up side, it's sure making the deer happy, as they can feed in the meadow, and the garden, which is growing like mad.

We've added a third couple to our Sunday dinner rotation. Good. We old folks need more friends.

Had a bit of a scare this morning. Was ready to put in my presbyopia contact lenses and saw red all over my left eye's right side. Appears a small bubble I've had there for years may have burst. No pain, looks yucky. I'm sending a photo every few hours to my eye doctor, and if it gets worse will go in much sooner than my current Wednesday appointment. Meanwhile, I'm back to reading glasses, which are just not as good as my contact lenses. Sigh.

Pool's finally heated back up to swimming temperature, so we can get busy working out. Best workouts ever in that pool, and no sweating. Maybe this year I'll lose a few pounds and keep them off. Fingers crossed.

Time to work up a sales brochure for Tall and Short Friends' Fifth Wheel. Later, y'all.

magnusfide

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/21 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

Had a bit of a scare this morning. Was ready to put in my presbyopia contact lenses and saw red all over my left eye's right side. Appears a small bubble I've had there for years may have burst. No pain, looks yucky. I'm sending a photo every few hours to my eye doctor, and if it gets worse will go in much sooner than my current Wednesday appointment. Meanwhile, I'm back to reading glasses, which are just not as good as my contact lenses. Sigh.

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Those are scary looking but you're on top of it I'm sure.

We've had years where it seemed like it rained every single day. Every single day. Maddening.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eye doctor said keep lenses out a couple more days and all should be fine.

Meanwhile, gaaaahhh! It's like breathing water. We are so not accustomed to this kind of humidity. Czarny tried being outside yesterday and today, but he couldn't hack it, either. He's hunkered down on a pile of clothes we were going to donate (gotta wash the cat hair off first), where he'll stay until this afternoon, then move to one of his towers. He'll go out shortly before sundown and come back right at dark.

Not raining today, but it's very, very cloudy and the wet bulb index will range from 100-105 degrees. Yuck. Too early in the summer for that, and coming off an unusually cool spring, it reeks.

Ah, well, back to doing something useful. Later, y'all.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Humidity's way down today, so Czarny and I spent most of this morning out on the deck. As long as the breeze was flowing, it was really pleasant, until the sun broke out of the clouds. Today's high will be 89, feels like 92, which is infinitely better than yesterday was.

Back to my sewing project now. Later, y'all.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spent the last week plus running back and forth to the hospital. Mom fell down, broke two ribs, buggered her right shoulder, had low sodium, then low blood pressure, hated the hospital food (I think it's fine; she didn't like the lack of variety), and wanted Sister and I do do everything for her. Well, we can't.

Doctors decided she really needed to be in acute rehab. Thank goodness, as Sister really can't handle all the help Mom needs right now at home.

Got her into the rehab facility last night. Her schedule will be very, very busy with physical and occupation therapy for at least two weeks. She heals very quickly and her immune system frightens germs and viruses, so if she really puts her mind to it, she'll be back to normal very soon.

Meanwhile, we have a break from being with her all day. The rehab schedule doesn't allow for visitors, except in the evenings. Sister and I will not be going there at all for a few days, so Mom can get into the rhythm and get used to us not doing everything she thought needed doing. She has to do it herself.

I'm doing absolutely nothing today, after sleeping about ten hours. Well, floating in the swimming pool sounds like a plan.

Also hanging out with Czarny. He's not happy that I've been gone most of the time, plus he's stuck inside the house until the new deck stain completely dries. He's reduced to actually playing with his toys now.

Speaking of -- I see a toy flying into the room. Time to whip out the long string on a wand. Later, y'all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 185  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.