Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next
buta4

MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/11 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

He's not chipped, never wore a collar, wasn't neutered (that will be on Tuesday). Yet he was well cared for, even loved, which is what's saddest about the situation.

We keep checking the local bulletin boards, but no lost cat fliers are up. Nada on the online lost and founds, either.

He's up on Petfinder for adoption. Please help get the word out. I think he'd make a great RV cat.

Spot

Well, you certainly have all the bases covered, and thoroughly too.

Please keep us informed.
[emoticon]

Ray

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/11 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think if I were you, I'd probably invest in a pheremone diffuser, or two, where Alex is in the house when he's seeing Spot. If you haven't already got that in place. It might just help you keep a lid on it until you can place him.

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

Spike88

New Glasgow,Nova Scotia Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/11 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thank you for being so kind. good luck

Margie UPS~44

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/11 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those who don't know (I certainly didn't until last week), Petfinder has a "Classifieds" section, where private adoptions are listed. Can't get there from the general search section on the left of the home page.

Spot's listing is in the classifieds section.

Spot himself is lounging on a seat cushion in the garage. Doesn't want to go outside -- it's all wet and cold. At least with this moisture, we're not shocking him with every pat. Poor guy was starting to duck, to protect his ears.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Randolph Scatt, tabby cat
Rudy, ginger cat, missing but not forgotten
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/11 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spike88 wrote:

thank you for being so kind. good luck

Absolutely!!!!! I bet Spot will make some very lucky person a great companion and friend!!!

Prayers from the Clan that he finds the right forever home....(Two Thumbs Up)

Pops

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/11 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a cold, foggy and moist day. Spot toes in tomorrow for neutering, so I let him outside as long as he wanted, since tomorrow is a total inside situation. He wandered about outside for just a little while, then ran to the garage door and made it very clear he wanted back inside.

Soon as we got inside, he signaled he wanted to be picked up, and promptly made himself comfy on my chest. He then took a nap. At 13+ pounds, it was a bit of a challenge holding him in place.

A big cat who likes sleeping on human chests. Yep, this fella needs his own people soon, before my arms fall off...

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/11 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wanderlost wrote:

A big cat who likes sleeping on human chests. Yep, this fella needs his own people soon, before my arms fall off...

Awwwww, maybe the vet will know somebody who lost a lovey kitty recently. Those don't come along every day.

I think a lot of people who look at Petfinder never notice the classified ads, unfortunately. We did check them out several years ago when looking for a second dog. We traveled to see a female chihuahua and she turned out to one of those nasty little, "I could kill you!" beasties. We did get our Rosie from somebody on a message board, though. Our vet called Rosie a "cyber pup." [emoticon]

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/11 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So how did Mr Spot do at the vet's? I hope it went well for him. It's funny how an intact male cat can still be so cuddly and human-oriented. That's why my feral-turned-love-of-my-life-kitty was named Romeo. It fit him perfectly, too. And you know what? He never once sprayed anywhere inside or around the house, he was so smart. I just dearly loved that boy but he got feline leukemia back before they had the shots to prevent it. Broke my heart. I'm hoping for Spot to find his people soon.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/11 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There was a complication with his surgery, requiring him to stay overnight. A suture or "tie" or something (can't remember precisely) came loose, and he was "oozing," so they wanted to correct that and keep him under observation.

Vet will call us tomorrow.

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/11 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure hope the complications were not serious. Is Spot home yet?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 168  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Homeless Cat -- Now Spotacus' Legacy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.