Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Cat with Skin Issues and Hair Loss
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Cat with Skin Issues and Hair Loss

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I highly recommend Veterinary Formula Hot Spot/Anti Itch Spray for the skin. Stops the itch immediately and helps the skin heal. You can get it at Tractor Supply, Walmart or online - not all stores have all formulas on their shelves.

It is possible as was the case with our dog --- yeast infection - too much yeast in the body. Skin/ears itching, scratching, licking, hair loss, secondary skin infection. We changed from dry to wet food to eliminate the grains used to bind the ingredients into the shapes - they are carbs and add to the yeast in the body. There is a veterinary formula shampoo to help treat this too.

speed2020

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am very interested in whether this tool will help people ...? We are just in a bind. My daughter urgently needs treatment for alopecia. She is in a panic and honestly we are too. Every morning she loses several locks of hair and we don’t know how to stop it. She is already afraid to go to school because they will mock her. We found several ***Link Removed*** methods on one site, but absolutely nothing helps her. What can you advise us ... She cries every two hours and begs her hair to be returned! The worst thing is that we can’t help her in any way ...

* This post was edited 02/20/20 08:49am by speed2020 *

LeChuck80

New York City

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crouseman41 wrote:

Thanks for the responses. The cat was adopted as a kitten from a shelter. She has never had fleas and is a strictly indoor cat. She had feline acne as a kitten, but it is now much worse. Her ears appear to have some type of infection (cat shakes her head and scratches) and the tissue looks somewhat inflamed. She has been tested for ear mites. The area underneath the base of her tail is about an inch where she has licked the hair away - this is a recent occurrence. Her vet has declined to do blood work, saying it was not necessary. The cat's coat looks healthy and her eyes are clear with no discharge. She has no cough and her appetite is good. This cat is very dear to my sister and she is at her wit's end trying to find relief for the cat. Any thoughts are appreciated. Dr. Doug, any experience with these conditions?

I had cats with fleas and your story is similar to mine. I guess every time I was 'lucky' to take a pet with issues. Once these fleas were causing my kitty dry skin and inflammation... Then I had a similar episode with the oldest cat, but after applying some flea control tips and with what I experienced already and quickly took care of it.

* This post was edited 04/10/20 06:16am by LeChuck80 *

MURPHY55347

Savage, MINNESOTA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/20 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try an all natural food. We have a store here that sells only natural food. As well as the staples of chicken and beef they also sell rabbit, elk as well as many others. The food is ground up and is more like a pate (paste). Some are sold with added nutrients. We use the chicken and beef and they add ground up chicken bones to make it more like the food they would get in the wild. It comes frozen in tubs and you thaw it out and then we make it into meal portions and re freeze. Then take the portions out and thaw as needed. If it is a food allergy this would tell you right away. Do some research on the net for all natural diet.

jack the Machinist

rambling

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a similar problem with our cat. Tried everything we could think of, and a bunch of things recommended by others. Finally took her to the vet who gave her a "long-term antibiotic." She is much better now, sores almost gone, fur growing back, much happier cat.

Worked for us. Good Luck.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our late cat, Madeline, was allergic to every grain on the planet. We found it out when, in desperation, we moved her to a raw food diet, and everything cleared up. She could not have cat treats, nothing with any grain in it, or she'd have a bad flare-up.

Spotacus was allergic to something, but we just couldn't pinpoint what it was. When we moved him to non-grain foods, his skin cleared up, too. We never did figure out the guilty allergen, because he still ate kitty treats without having a flare-up.

Good luck to the kitty.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

DilanYah

London

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/20 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From my own experience it often takes 3 consecutive months of flea treatment to calm flea allergy reaction don't ask me why but I have found this with both cats and dogs and whatever product you use. More tips on Pet Express website

* This post was edited 04/26/20 07:31am by DilanYah *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Cats

> Cat with Skin Issues and Hair Loss
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.