Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 238  
Prev  |  Next
mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/22 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No way. #1 Kyle Busch is 36. Hardly “advancing age” even by NASCAR standards. Not to mention he’s their flagship driver. 60 cup wins and 2 championships. He’s not going anywhere…..unless he wants to.

2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5”box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/22 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mooky stinks wrote:

No way. #1 Kyle Busch is 36. Hardly “advancing age” even by NASCAR standards. Not to mention he’s their flagship driver. 60 cup wins and 2 championships. He’s not going anywhere…..unless he wants to.

Read an interesting column I forgot which motorsports website yesterday. Professionally Kyle is in something of a prolonged performance drought. Missed playoffs back to back years and gone from a seasonal string of 1000 or more laps led to 1000 laps led......over the last 3 seasons.

Yeah, he's been a wheelman over the course of his career, but last 3 seasons not so much. Throw in the uphill fight for sponsorship dollars, the new tech and rules changes that are supposed to make it "cheaper" to run a Cup team, Kyle's a man without a chair when the music stops at Gibbs. The tone of his interview, while it is classic Kyle, speaks volumes. I took the "goodbye" utterance to mean he's not interested in driving for a "marker" team. If he can't land a competitive ride if his run with Gibbs is over......

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/22 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Better go back and reread that article. Missed the playoffs? Let alone back to back. Didn’t happen.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/22 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd rather hear the announcers than the unending drone of an engine when the in car cameras are on screen. The team at Talladega worked well with each other but I couldn't hear half of it.
Great crowd there, unlike the last couple of weeks although the Martinsville weather was horrid.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/22 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How can anyone not like Foxs Krank it up noise and watching another race cars rear bumper of front bumper with same said track noise ...[emoticon] ?
I made the start of the race but its didn't take Fox but just a few laps to go inside the race car......soooo I jumped on the blue tractor/front loader and removed large dead tree limbs left from 3 days of 35-48 mph winds.
Later when I came back inside the wife tuned in to Fox and says 21 laps left in the race. Timed it just right for a crash/bang finish. Nice to watch the good guys win.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/22 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

I'd rather hear the announcers than the unending drone of an engine when the in car cameras are on screen. The team at Talladega worked well with each other but I couldn't hear half of it.
Great crowd there, unlike the last couple of weeks although the Martinsville weather was horrid.

I kinda like the Krank it up. But, my old brain just discovered after re watching the Vikings, after not being able to hear or understanding their brogue I finally remembered closed caption. Can't tell you how much better the show is.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Zman300

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/22 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Four of us went to the race. First time at Talladega, had a good time.
Not sure if we will go back, Wisconsin to Alabama is a long haul.

No RV at the moment.
Looking to hit the road in a year or two.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/22 03:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zman300 wrote:

Four of us went to the race. First time at Talladega, had a good time.
Not sure if we will go back, Wisconsin to Alabama is a long haul.

If you've seen one plate race at a super speedway since NASCAR whoa'd them down in the mid 80's you're probably good. 2.6 miles at Talladega or 2.5 miles at Daytona, Potato/Potatoe..

Never been to Dega for a race, but did see it from 37000 ft on a flight to Arkansas. Very impressive view on a clear day.....

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/22 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anybody recommend a computer program to decipher the rules and letting fans know just what the heck is going on during the All Star race? Again, they just don't understand the "KISS" theory. And a million to win, a complete joke!
Matt Kenseth, Herschel McGriff, and Kirk Shelmerdine into the Hall of Fame.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/22 04:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The all star race has become the lottery of NASCAR. It's just dumb luck as to who wins with all the gimmickries they have built in. Basically it's bumper cars like at the beach pavilion.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 238  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.