Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone seen or bought one of these ? It appears that Host made some major floor plan changes for the better (IMHO) and has not updated their website.

The website for Host shows both driver side and rear slides, a mid bath and east-west bedroom, but I've been to two camper dealer sites showing "on the lot 2018 models". These pics show passenger and driver side slides with an apparent rear driver side dry bath. Further the units shown have captains chairs located at base of the bed facing a TV /fireplace "tower" towards the rear of the unit. Neither of the dealer photo's are adequate to fully get it and the photos on Host's site are the old model. The one with the best pictures on the North Carolina dealer's web site is provided below.

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about the Mammoth, but this one interests me much more. I toured Host's facility last summer and asked about this model but it appeared they had not recently built any of the Cascade Model and I had to be content to look at the Mammoth. This looks like a major improvement to the last plan. I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit to assess my current truck as a viable option. If anyone out there has looked at/purchased one or has any data, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it on. Neither dealer site has any info regarding a fully configured dry weight nor a photo of the Host weight sticker, which for me, is a problem with how they market the products.

North Carolina Host Cascade

- 06 Dodge DRW CTD QC 4x4 Laramie, Nav, Powersteps, Exhaust Brake, Ricksons w/19.5 H ply XDS2 , Ride Rites, Ranchos, Bump Stops, Airbags, Superhitch, Bodiak, 60 gal Fuel tank

- 2018 Host Cascade dual slide

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/17 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is quite different. I'm not seeing the big advantage over a Mammoth with only two slides though. I think you'd get a reduction of about 300-500 for the loss of 1 ft in length. Otherwise, I think you'll be close if you build a Mammoth without the rear slide.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/17 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It looks like the toilet seat is awfully high. Would your feet touch the floor?

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

It looks like the toilet seat is awfully high. Would your feet touch the floor?

Yas... it looks tall! Must be some sort of optical illusion perhaps? Maybe there are some steps that are not seen in the image...gives new meaning to "throne." LOL [emoticon]

[image]

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The black tank is located in the slide and the toilet sits on top of it. This is like most current Host models.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate 20' Car Carrier-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW 1200sp

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$62,000!!!??? Is that toilet made out of solid gold?

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/17 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$62K is a lot! It's a nice floor plan with "theater seating" that some people here have desired. With a limited production they might hold closer to the asking price than other models.

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/17 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrPhelps wrote:

I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit

There is a placard or stamp next to my door that has the serial number, date of manufacturing with the weight as optioned. I don't believe Host will put a sticker or arrow for COG. You might be able to ask this dealer to read back that info. I see it has the generator and full side awning optioned out.

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike/kellie wrote:

MrPhelps wrote:

I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit

There is a placard or stamp next to my door that has the serial number, date of manufacturing with the weight as optioned. I don't believe Host will put a sticker or arrow for COG. You might be able to ask this dealer to read back that info. I see it has the generator and full side awning optioned out.

You are correct. My current Host camper sticker says it weighs 3,900 lbs. My truck handles it fine with all of our stuff. Some of the Mammoth's have weights from 4,400 to 4,800 lbs. Sometimes the dealers show a picture of the weight sticker. I might call the dealer, I just saw this today. I may take a trip up to North Carolina to look at it.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/17 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fill your holding tanks and freshwater up and see what it feels like. My guess is it will be better than that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS