Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like Nikola is going public very soon. Not much info on price or value.

It's a week before Nikola, the electric ........ debuts its shares on the public market.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

I did not start the SpaceX topic in this thread. I just inputted my own opinion into the debate after it was already started. In fact, a few of you even celebrated SpaceX launching a rocket before I even made my first post about it.
There was no debate.

Just proud Americans congratulating SpaceX for successfully getting USA people back in space from our own soil with our own rocket.

If this makes a sad day for you I am sorry. I have nothing to cheer you up. Myself I am filled with pride that Americans can still get this done. If my small and insignificant reduction in burning gasoline contributes toward this success then I am even happier. BTW I have never driven a Tesla.

As a taxpayer I am happy that SpaceX is offering much better value that the previous vendors and that the money is staying in the US instead of going to Russia.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I agree. And this issue/debate is getting a bit out of the RV world.

This thread has nothing to do with Space-X or space travel or space tourism. Just your political agenda to insert any time Elon or Tesla vehicles come up.

I did not start the SpaceX topic in this thread. I just inputted my own opinion into the debate after it was already started. In fact, a few of you even celebrated SpaceX launching a rocket before I even made my first post about it.

This is is not a political agenda either, but rather calling out hypocrisy when I see it. I don't see how one can be for the environment on the subject of EV's and turn around to celebrate a company who's goal is to launch kerosene rockets adding tonnes of carbon into the air just for personal pleasure and profit.

And many here simply let it pass because the one who is doing it also is the head of their favorite EV brand. I bet that if it were someone else and not Elon making a profit from these rolling coal rockets then more environmentalist would not be celebrating it. However, he gets a pass simply because he is the head of Tesla which shows how little character some people have by changing what they believe is right and wrong due to favoritism of a brand or person.

As I said before. I don't care if any company wants to blast rockets into the air. Just don't act like you are for the environment and are holier than thou chastising others while you do it.
OK what do you expect to gain here?

Since this is your personal gripe with Elon I recommend you take it to twitter as that seems to be the popular method to address these ideas directly.

You guys were posting congratulating SpaceX and all I said was "I wonder how much NOx, PM, and CO these RP-1 (kerosene/diesel) rockets put in the air and why Elon does not spend the extra money on the hydrogen rockets NASA uses since they put out hardly any pollution." which led to this circle jerk. I was just leaving a comment and opinion(which I have every right to) on the matter just like everyone else did before me was and it would have stopped thee if no one would have posted back about it. So blame your crew, not me.

* This post was edited 06/03/20 07:05am by ShinerBock *

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Not an American but ... yah.

I think Shiners issue is primarily with the US Goverment and the US defence department. He seems passionate about his stance but would be better served bringing his point to political forums as opposed to venting on contractors doing what they are paid to do.

Nope. My issue is with the alarmist hypocrites who say they are for the environment pointing out others in their use of coal or rolling coal diesels when it suits then yet turn around and get excited a company that wants to launch a rolling coal diesel burning rocket just to take people to space for pleasure.

As I keep saying(yet you guys seem to keep ignoring) I have no issue with SpaceX or any other company blasting rockets into the air even rolling coal diesel rockets because I don't believe we are in as bad shape as the alarmist claim. I do have a problem with the hypocrites who are celebrating it while chastising others for not doing their part(like buying EV's) to to save the environment.

Many EV guys like to point out ICE carbon footprint in their debates about which one is better yet ignore the carbon footprint of launching rockets into the air especially when it is for something that is not needed like taking people to space just because they have the money to go. So as I said before, if you are celebrating this then I don't want to here a word about my or any other ICE owner's carbon footprint or which one is dirtier in your debate because you obviously don't care about it when it is for something you like.

* This post was edited 06/03/20 07:21am by ShinerBock *

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I think Shiners issue is primarily with the US Goverment and the US defence department. He seems passionate about his stance but would be better served bringing his point to political forums as opposed to venting on contractors doing what they are paid to do.

Nope. My issue is with the alarmist hypocrites who say they are for the environment pointing out others in their use of coal or rolling coal diesels when it suits then yet turn around and get excited a company that wants to launch a rolling coal diesel burning rocket just to take people to space for pleasure.

As I keep saying(yet you guys seem to keep ignoring) I have no issue with SpaceX or any other company blasting rockets into the air even rolling coal diesel rockets because I don't believe we are in as bad shape as the alarmist claim. I do have a problem with the hypocrites who are celebrating it while chastising others for not doing their part(like buying EV's) to to save the environment.

It may be a regional thing shiner. I can honestly say I have not seen the “chastising” you are are referring to. Not saying it’s not happening but I haven’t seen anything like that around here. About 12 to 15 percent of new vehicle sales here are electric and growing. Most we talk to buy them from the performance and convenience point of view. It is rare that I talk to someone who has purchased an electric vehicle from some sort of environmental point of view. Not saying it doesn’t happen where you are. Just not seeing that a lot.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

It may be a regional thing shiner. I can honestly say I have not seen the “chastising” you are are referring to. Not saying it’s not happening but I haven’t seen anything like that around here. About 12 to 15 percent of new vehicle sales here are electric and growing. Most we talk to buy them from the performance of convenience point of view. It is rare that I talk to someone who has purchased an electric vehicle from some sort of environmental point of view. Not saying it doesn’t happen where you are. Just not seeing that a lot.

Go back and look in this very thread and in the threads talking about deleted diesels rolling coal.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Tusk is the "coal roller" of the rocket age.
..x2

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Many EV guys like to point out ICE carbon footprint in their debates about which one is better yet ignore the carbon footprint of launching rockets into the air especially when it is for something that is not needed like taking people to space just because they have the money to go. So as I said before, if you are celebrating this then I don't want to here a word about my or any other ICE owner's carbon footprint or which one is dirtier in your debate because you obviously don't care about it when it is for something you like.

I agree with you on most issues but you are not putting your best foot forward on this one.
From what I was able to find out the Falcon 9 consumes about 211 barrels of oil per launch. At 25 launches per year (a figure they have yet to reach) that is 5287 barrels per year. The US consumes about 20 million barrels PER DAY. The amount consumed by SpaceX is just a drop in the bucket, maybe less. Plus, they aren't rolling coal, the fuel is mixed at the proper ratio. And whatever smoke they create is kept well away from people.

People rolling coal create smoke on purpose then aim it at people for the sole purpose of being obnoxious.

If you really want to clean the air by burning hydrogen you would accomplish far more by converting semis and trains over. They can much better afford the weight and bulk of the tanks required.

I would like to see the rockets cleaned up but they are already much cleaner than the shuttle was(when the solid fuel boosters are considered) and Elon is saving the government enough money with every launch to pay for a new F35.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Still no news on why it exploded a couple of days ago...

popularmechanics
By Jennifer Leman,May ........SpaceX's Starship Prototype Just Blew Up

[image]

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-starship-explosion-explained-elon-musk/

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Tusk is the "coal roller" of the rocket age.
..x2

Care to help @Turtle n Peeps and @ShinerBock by disputing @Groover, @Reisender and @time2roll?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.