Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/20 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's getting interesting, Tesla is down again 4.88%.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Buy buy buy.

Just kidding. I’m trying to convince my wife to spend 2000 bucks on the over the air performance upgrade. Shaves another half seconds off the zero to sixty time. 3.5 ish seconds. It’s not going well. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/20 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Buy buy buy.

Just kidding. I’m trying to convince my wife to spend 2000 bucks on the over the air performance upgrade. Shaves another half seconds off the zero to sixty time. 3.5 ish seconds. It’s not going well. [emoticon]

Wise woman!

You can get that same or even better performance hyper-caffeinated with a cup of strong brew.[emoticon]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Buy buy buy.

Wise woman!

You can get that same or even better performance hyper-caffeinated with a cup of strong brew.[emoticon]

So two redbulls and an extra large Cinnabon. Gotcha.

One of the things I find admiral about Tesla (and I think Jaguar is starting to do this with the ipace) is the over the air updates. The car just keeps getting better. This may be something the other manufacturers have a hard time getting their head around. In four years I have had one software update from Nissan for the leaf and I had to bring it in to the dealership to do it. In the last 3 weeks there have been 3 over the air parked in the garage updates on the Tesla. Some big changes and some little ones but still constant upgrades. I think the last two were just little things like smoother starts from stoplights and gentler braking at stop signs when on FSD. Still. Little things.

By the way. That takes a little getting used to at first. The car automatically stops at stop signs and stop lights in town. The first few times you kinda have what we used to call in the Air Force “the sphincter factor”. But I have never seen it miss and we are more relaxed now. I know some have said if there are two stop lights only 20 or 30 meters apart it can get confused but we don’t have anything like that here so can’t raally say. It’s getting really hard to run a stop sign by accident now and pretty much impossible to rear end somebody. You have to remember to turn it on of course. [emoticon].

My guess is turns on city intersections and traffic circles are in the next major software updates...some think in the next couple months. Guess we’ll see.

Cheers.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/20 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Buy buy buy.

Wise woman!

So two redbulls and an extra large Cinnabon. Gotcha.

One of the things I find admiral about Tesla (and I think Jaguar is starting to do this with the ipace) is the over the air updates. The car just keeps getting better. This may be something the other manufacturers have a hard time getting their head around. In four years I have had one software update from Nissan for the leaf and I had to bring it in to the dealership to do it. In the last 3 weeks there have been 3 over the air parked in the garage updates on the Tesla. Some big changes and some little ones but still constant upgrades. I think the last two were just little things like smoother starts from stoplights and gentler braking at stop signs when on FSD. Still. Little things.

By the way. That takes a little getting used to at first. The car automatically stops at stop signs and stop lights in town. The first few times you kinda have what we used to call in the Air Force “the sphincter factor”. But I have never seen it miss and we are more relaxed now. I know some have said if there are two stop lights only 20 or 30 meters apart it can get confused but we don’t have anything like that here so can’t raally say. It’s getting really hard to run a stop sign by accident now and pretty much impossible to rear end somebody. You have to remember to turn it on of course. [emoticon].

My guess is turns on city intersections and traffic circles are in the next major software updates...some think in the next couple months. Guess we’ll see.

Cheers.

This is why they love Tesla and it's their unique competitive advantage.

They are in continuous improvement that covers all their vehicles even they've already been sold where they provide an upgrade -- often free if it's a software and most often it's just mere upload as the features are already on board.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are some interesting thoughts from Germany on why many people like Tesla software better any other.

Peter Mertens, Former Head of Audi R&D

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

Here are some interesting thoughts from Germany on why many people like Tesla software better any other.

Peter Mertens, Former Head of Audi R&D

Interesting!

indeed, that's what Tesla has been doing -- and in the final analysis, it's a win-win with customers, past, present and future are benefiting from this knowledge and continuous improvements.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla wants a $68M property tax break to........e its Cybertruck gigafactory near Austin

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/20 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Elon must be imitating a famous real-estate branding org whose racket is to make it's money on city or state's tax breaks.

It actually doesn't make sense to build another factory when a big chunk of their gigafactory in Nevada is largely underutilized. They got so much subsidy and tax breaks that they did not bother to put up solar panels on their roof because their electricity from Nevada utilities are so dang cheap.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Elon must be imitating a famous real-estate branding org whose racket is to make it's money on city or state's tax breaks.

It actually doesn't make sense to build another factory when a big chunk of their gigafactory in Nevada is largely underutilized. They got so much subsidy and tax breaks that they did not bother to put up solar panels on their roof because their electricity from Nevada utilities are so dang cheap.

Inside scuttlebutt is that the engineering talent and employing housing issues were two big pluses for a Texas. Probably much more to the decision than we know.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.