Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Elon must be imitating a famous real-estate branding org whose racket is to make it's money on city or state's tax breaks.

It actually doesn't make sense to build another factory when a big chunk of their gigafactory in Nevada is largely underutilized. They got so much subsidy and tax breaks that they did not bother to put up solar panels on their roof because their electricity from Nevada utilities are so dang cheap.

Inside scuttlebutt is that the engineering talent and employing housing issues were two big pluses for a Texas. Probably much more to the decision than we know.

Their Nevada gigafactory is just 45 minutes into California border by housing prices going a little more to the East is 1/4 the home prices than California.

Engineering talents should be no problem as Reno is just 25 minutes away with many hi-tech companies too.

I only see strategic locations for distribution or tax credits as possible reasons.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If people are giving money away I would like a few million myself. I don't see why some people act like the recipient has committed a crime, it is the giver that you should question.

Also, it seems like we flip flop back and forth as to whether Tesla is going broke or make incredible riches. Either way, it is still good business to make the most of any investment. I think that the most valuable concession they could get from Texas would simply be permission to sell their product in the state.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The giver...is giving tax paying people's money away

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

And Tesla is giving the area jobs. I call that a trade.

Not sure who comes out ahead. I would hope the tax relief would expire at some point and the jobs continue to grow for many years.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

BenK wrote:

Not sure who comes out ahead. I would hope the tax relief would expire at some point and the jobs continue to grow for many years.
That's the way it should work, but anymore, once the tax abatements are done, the company starts looking for someone willing to give them money again. And sometimes the amount given from the taxpayers only benefits the contractors and builders. This is especially true for pro sports stadiums. There's the real ripoff: millionaire players and millionaire owners who want Joe Blow to subsidize their millions. But people keep going for it. Totally beyond my ability to understand such cupidity.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

BenK wrote:

Someone should have told that to the government with gasoline companies still getting subsidies and tax breaks in perpetuam even when they are raking in obscene profits in their best of times.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Someone should have told that to the government with gasoline companies still getting subsidies and tax breaks in perpetuam even when they are raking in obscene profits in their best of times.

Taxes and subsidies should be eliminated on all corporations

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Taxes and subsidies should be eliminated on all corporations

Think they just gave more of them -- although studies showed that it didn't help the economy.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Think they just gave more of them -- although studies showed that it didn't help the economy.

Tax breaks puts the govt in the position of deciding winners and losers. Corporate taxes just get passed on to consumers.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Tax breaks puts the govt in the position of deciding winners and losers. Corporate taxes just get passed on to consumers.

Yes, in economics that would best create more economic activities, production and employment.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.