Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next
wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Second quarter numbers out. Over 90,000 delivered. Pretty much every other manufacturer saw 20 to 30 percent drop in sales. Tesla saw an increase and order books are already healthy for next quarter.

Although I would agree that competition is coming there is currently no real competitors out there. I think Volkswagen is the only one close in the next couple years.

Not according to this article.

Tesla sales got hammered in March as well

Yes. The factory was closed along with many delivery centres due to COVID. No production and few deliveries. My reference is for the quarter.

https://electrek.co/2020/07/02/tesla-ann........0650-electric-cars-beating-expectations/

How do you shut down production for half a quarter and still increase production for that quarter?

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Second quarter numbers out. Over 90,000 delivered. Pretty much every other manufacturer saw 20 to 30 percent drop in sales. Tesla saw an increase and order books are already healthy for next quarter.

Although I would agree that competition is coming there is currently no real competitors out there. I think Volkswagen is the only one close in the next couple years.

Yes. The factory was closed along with many delivery centres due to COVID. No production and few deliveries. My reference is for the quarter.

https://electrek.co/2020/07/02/tesla-ann........0650-electric-cars-beating-expectations/

How do you shut down production for half a quarter and still increase production for that quarter?

Easy. Last year this time they had one factory and a weekly capacity of about 7000 cars per week. This year they have two factories and a capacity of close to 11000 cars per week.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

China was not shut down and demand is growing. There are more moving parts to Tesla than just Freemont.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Most car builders keep a 60 to 100 day inventory. Tesla builds most to order and has minimal inventory. Everytime there is a glitch in production for Tesla a lot of Tesla haters have a celebration that Tesla sales fell. The fact that other car makers can't sell as many as they build most of the time and end up with large inventories seems irrelevant to them.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I think at some point it will become a stretch to call it a car company. The growing amount of revenue coming from grid storage products, commercial and home solar and storage and of course the world wide Supercharger network differentiate Tesla from other automotive companies. Tesla sold a ton of software performance and feature enhancement updates to model 3 and y owners in the last quarter. I wonder how many software performance and feature enhancement updates Toyota sold. I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison. Completely different business model.

Just sayin. D

In the late 50's Ford and GM both tried to become all things to all people. I hope that Tesla learns from their mistakes.

I don’t know much about car manufacturing but I think that is probably sage advice. I have mixed feelings about the plans for the model B entry level EV for the Asian market. Right now Tesla is considered a premium brand. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to jeapordize that. Leave that market to ford or GM....although they don’t seem to have much interest in it right now. I think Tesla’s entry into the truck market is a good idea. There is definetly a market for a premium high performance truck brand which is pretty much empty right now.

JMHO

I wasn't talking about just building cars. Both GM and Ford got into selling home appliances and radios. GM sold some motorhomes, Ford sold tractors, some campers and a lot of charcoal.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I think at some point it will become a stretch to call it a car company. The growing amount of revenue coming from grid storage products, commercial and home solar and storage and of course the world wide Supercharger network differentiate Tesla from other automotive companies. Tesla sold a ton of software performance and feature enhancement updates to model 3 and y owners in the last quarter. I wonder how many software performance and feature enhancement updates Toyota sold. I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison. Completely different business model.

Just sayin. D

In the late 50's Ford and GM both tried to become all things to all people. I hope that Tesla learns from their mistakes.

I don’t know much about car manufacturing but I think that is probably sage advice. I have mixed feelings about the plans for the model B entry level EV for the Asian market. Right now Tesla is considered a premium brand. I’m not sure it’s a good idea to jeapordize that. Leave that market to ford or GM....although they don’t seem to have much interest in it right now. I think Tesla’s entry into the truck market is a good idea. There is definetly a market for a premium high performance truck brand which is pretty much empty right now.

JMHO

I wasn't talking about just building cars. Both GM and Ford got into selling home appliances and radios. GM sold some motorhomes, Ford sold tractors, some campers and a lot of charcoal.

Yah I hear ya. Stay focused on the prime objective. I think that’s hard to do for Elon. The guy always has a gazillion ideas running around in his head. Most seem wacky...at first. Seriously, landing a rocket on a barge?? Yah that’ll work. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Just sayin. D

True!

The software is Tesla's biggest area of monetization. Just like Apple, going from services in tandem with the hardware (iPhone).

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Just sayin. D

JMHO

Yah I hear ya. Stay focused on the prime objective. I think that’s hard to do for Elon. The guy always has a gazillion ideas running around in his head. Most seem wacky...at first. Seriously, landing a rocket on a barge?? Yah that’ll work. [emoticon]

And they say landing the space shuttle without propulsion on a yuuuge runway is like threading the needle from the 10th floor in a gusty wind.[emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, you got to admit the consequences aren't as serious if they miss the barge.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Well, you got to admit the consequences aren't as serious if they miss the barge.

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 600  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.