Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 614  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Well Sam. If they build that factory quick enough you may be in your Cybertruck by end 2021. [emoticon]. Maybe you can pick it up right at the factory. [emoticon]. I think you are quite far up the list from us so we are probably 2023.

Fret not, Tesla has had track records of shortening the wait time for reservations.

Besides, Tesla does not produce for inventory build. With strong demand for Cybertruck, I'm sure they can channel resources and production time for your Cybertruck.

Remember Tesla 3 where they said it will take 8 years for them to deliver pre-ordered cars. Now, if you order, it's just 3 to 6 weeks to get your unit.

Yah good point. Seems to me our model 3 was something like that. May 8 or 9 weeks max...ish.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Whoa, "start at $35,000 annually, counting benefits". Looks like Elon isn't big into the "share the wealth" ethic. That's about $15/hour. Looks like the people building 'em won't be able to afford to buy 'em.

Curious. What does unskilled labour get paid in Texas. Around here it is just under 15 but headed for 15.20 this year.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/20 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Whoa, "start at $35,000 annually, counting benefits". Looks like Elon isn't big into the "share the wealth" ethic. That's about $15/hour. Looks like the people building 'em won't be able to afford to buy 'em.

Curious. What does unskilled labour get paid in Texas. Around here it is just under 15 but headed for 15.20 this year.
I thought all employees had some level of stock options. Although at this point TX might be a little late to the party.

Otherwise to make the good money they need to make supervisor same as most companies. Or learn some additional skills such as coding.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

So it takes unskilled labor to build the sophisticated Tesla, and maintain the robotic equipment that I'm sure does a lot of the assembly? So a guy could go from building Big Mac's one day to building a Tesla the next day? Maybe the bus tickets from Neuvo Laredo will be comped by Tesla. [emoticon]

Seems like there's lots of complaints from people buying RV's, about the quality of those RV's that are built with unskilled labor. Sometimes you have pay more for a quality work force.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quality isn't anything Tusk is interested in...and the higher the complexity of the product, the harder it is to design in quality and to maintain quality...

fj12ryder wrote:

snip....

So it takes unskilled labor to build the sophisticated Tesla, and maintain the robotic equipment that I'm sure does a lot of the assembly? So a guy could go from building Big Mac's one day to building a Tesla the next day? Maybe the bus tickets from Neuvo Laredo will be comped by Tesla. [emoticon]

Seems like there's lots of complaints from people buying RV's, about the quality of those RV's that are built with unskilled labor. Sometimes you have pay more for a quality work force.

Why Tusk is dead last in the JD Powers rating that is based mainly on quality

[image]

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Quality isn't anything Tusk is interested in...and the higher the complexity of the product, the harder it is to design in quality and to maintain quality...

fj12ryder wrote:

snip....

Why Tusk is dead last in the JD Powers rating that is based mainly on quality

[image]

The way I understand it is if an inquiry is generated on how something works it is a strike against the brand and lowers the score. The more complex and the more innovation and the more features the worse the score. For example; One of the more common questions from new owners of Tesla’s is how to turn them off and on. Especially off. There are no switches. Your butt turns it on by sitting in the seat and off when you get up. Notice that the 6 worst brands are

Jaguar (190)
Mercedes-Benz (202)
Volvo (210)
Audi (225)
Land Rover (228)
Tesla (250)

Make a vehicle simple with no innovative features and it will always score high.

Tesla also scores the highest in satisfaction by consumer reports and highest in customer appeal by JD powers.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.wsj.com/........er-finishing-last-in-quality-11595433600

Tesla’s, Jaguars, Audi’s etc are highly innovative. The learning curve can be steep and generate a lot of false faults along the way. Although they are intuitive to a degree it is still important to RTFM.

Tesla still seems to be struggling with some fit and finish issues. Annecdotally we haven’t crossed paths with an unhappy Tesla owner. We had a dash that ocasionnaly squeaked. Tesla service came to our house and did something to fix it. Not sure how many manufacturers have that service.

* This post was edited 07/23/20 01:39pm by Reisender *

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

When I read "start at $35,000 annually, counting benefits" I think of all the non-assembly people such as custodians, the guy that mows the grass, the folks who work the front desk, etc. Doesn't seem to bad for an entry level type position. I have no idea what Tesla's pay scale is, but to say it starts at $35K means that is what the lowest person on the ladder makes. Others farther up the ladder make more.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What do you do when you are an early retired 58 year old Tesla chick with time on your hands. Get into rock painting and make a little Jewelry. (might have to zoom in on the earrings and pendant)

Yah. My wife is not a Tesla freak AT ALL?

[image]

[image]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Make a vehicle simple with no innovative features and it will always score high."

Hmm, that would seem to indicate a Yugo should score high. [emoticon] Or a Fiat. [emoticon]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Make a vehicle simple with no innovative features and it will always score high."

Hmm, that would seem to indicate a Yugo should score high. [emoticon] Or a Fiat. [emoticon]

Heh heh. Anyway, I am essentially parroting what the publisher of The JD Powers survey says. You can google it if you feel the need.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 614  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.