Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Renew SiriusXM
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 12 month trial ended a few weeks ago and I told them not to renew, holding out for a better offer...

That off came today, 12 months at $5 a month for the select package, it's about 68 a year with taxes. Seemed good enough compared to the 79 I've seen before or the 99 they offered me originally.

Don't know that this is an exceptional deal, but some savings at least.

I just set a reminder on my phone for the auto renewal so I can cancel before getting stuck with a surprise.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/17 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, that's pretty good. If you want Sirius, it probably won't get any better than that. We're paying about twice that amount, and 2 vehicles. But it's worth it to us.

DutchmenSport

2013 Outback 298RE
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
1400 / 14000 Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution
2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 old folks and lots of love!

2oldman

Burley ID

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'd think with a company as old as that they'd stop with the pricing games.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to go through this same dance with Comcast (Xfinity) and with Sirius.
...threaten to cancel, negotiate back and forth, and then finally they give me a decent offer....

Start over again a year later when they bump up the price to their "regular" one.
Been a loyal Comcast subscriber since 1993. Never missed a payment...and I have to go through this game over and over...ridiculous.

ahhhh....now I feel better after ranting.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax LBZ
Blue Ox SwayPro

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been doing the 5 months for $25 deal for a few years. But it is also a select package. A friend of mine pays $35 for 6 months, and gets everything (including NFL).

I will ask for that one at my next renewal.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I have been doing the 5 months for $25 deal for a few years. But it is also a select package. A friend of mine pays $35 for 6 months, and gets everything (including NFL).

They offered me the deluxe (with the incl streaming) 6 mos for $30, but I read online about some folks having that auto-renew 90 days before expiring, and it auto-renews at full price.

I've got more streaming music services than I need now, don't need another one at this point.

Sirius gets under my skin too with their "ad free" channels, they're full of ads for other Sirius channels and packages... I guess they consider those PSA rather than ADS?

bob_nestor

murphy

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

I cancelled my "six months free with new purchase" deal when they charged me $25/mo from the very start. Never saw any free service period.

Now I keep getting offers in the mail claiming 5 months for $25 but when I read the fine print I find what they really mean is it's $25/mo for 5 months then it goes to the full price until you cancel.

Seems to me if they really want to keep customers they need to stop letting lawyers write their offers and put the **** things in plain english without all the weasel words and fine print. Until then, I'll listen to my CDs.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/17 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't listen to radio when traveling. In 2007, we bought a MH with a 12 month free subscription. We turned it on a time or two and forgot about it. About 2 or 3 years later, we discovered we still had SiriusXM radio. We sold that RV this year, and the SiriusXM was still playing. (I am sure that whoever ends up with that MH will believe we are unwittingly paying for the service.)

I bought a new F-150 this year with a 6 month subscription that expires 12/1/17. We turned it on to be sure it worked. In a couple of years, I will turn it on to see if it is still live.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/17 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really like the Service and am willing to pay for it. I think I pay $20.00 per month for everything, sports, talk, music, and access to all the channels through the streaming app. I use it all the time in the car and on my phone at work to listen to music.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

“Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the Sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

huntram

Fulltiming in the RV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/17 12:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been renewing every six months on my 2014 Ram for $25 for the 6 months since my free year expired in July 2015! I just set my Google calendar to remind me.

Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS