Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Renew SiriusXM
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Jim2007

Greeley, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/17 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi.. good comments . .. my sirius, expires april 2018 .. no offers to extend yet.. Jim2007..

TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/17 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the last couple of years I've been paying $66.72 each (2 receivers) for 6 months of full service. I do have to threaten to quit a week before the contract ends, but I use it enough to make it worth the bother.

Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
My Photo & RV link blog

az99

NY.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/17 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is still to much to pay to listen to very poor quality music with commercials and babbling, worthless DJs.

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/17 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fortunately, none of the channels I listen to have ads or babbling DJs.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/17 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jim2007 wrote:

Hi.. good comments . .. my sirius, expires april 2018 .. no offers to extend yet.. Jim2007..
If they have your credit card on file I doubt you will get any offers. They will just renew you at their current (full) price.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Jim2007

Greeley, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/17 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Dave... Thanks for the heads up.... New to sirius ... They do have my credit card number. I now plan to call and discuss rate as we like the service on cross country trips....jim2007

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/17 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vermilye wrote:

Fortunately, none of the channels I listen to have ads or babbling DJs.

All of the channels I listen to have both. 5-10, a few in the 20s and 30s, 50s. And they're listed as commercial free.

The ads are not for external products but for other Sirius products, like their streaming ap. If you're not using the streaming app you're missing out, or customize this station using our streaming app, blah blah - I consider those advertisements. They're also constantly jabbering on about the new channel for so and so artist, genre, theme, sporting event, etc. They all sounds like advertisements to me.

sorry, gotta rant for a minute...

On long hauls, I listen to Google or Amazon and not Sirius, but for driving around town, FCA has made it so difficult to stream from my bluetooth phone, I don't bother. My past Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Charger, Ram 1500 all were super easy, the phone would start playing as soon as I started the engine. With my '17 Ram 2500, the only option I get at engine start is Sirius. To get the phone working, gotta press Media -> Bluetooth -> ERROR NO BLUETOOTH FOUND... turn off engine, remove fob, open door, close door, insert fob, start engine, Media -> Bluetooth -> Phone -> Long delay -> Music playing ... stop at the gas station to fuel up for 5 minutes, get to do it all again. Dealer says oh that's just how it is, nothing wrong, nothing to fix. Progress?

Thanks, end of rant.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

carl2591

Garner NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at buying a 2010 car with XM and was wondering is you can get these deal on what would be a new service or do i have to bite the bullet and go for the year or 6 months and then call to cancel to get them.

Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

Larry-D

Middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carl2591 wrote:

I am looking at buying a 2010 car with XM and was wondering is you can get these deal on what would be a new service or do i have to bite the bullet and go for the year or 6 months and then call to cancel to get them.

Go online if you can and check. Then call them and talk to them, they can and most often work deals to get you in.

www.siriusxm.com

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carl2591 wrote:

I would call and tell them you want the service, and you will pay the promo price of $25 for 5 months. If they won't give you that (or something better), tell them never mind.

You will get the promo price.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS