Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Renew SiriusXM
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an older receiver that allowed us to get an Al-a-cart plan. It's something like 50 channels with a couple that are paid (on my mothers unit). I like this plan as we don't listen to talk radio so I didn't subscribe to it.

I'll be honest I don't even know what we pay, but when we are traveling I usually have the music on in the background and wouldn't have it any other way. I hate having to try to find a station at every location. Turn on the Sirius and listen to the channel until the music starts to repeat then go to the next channel (we only listen to about 4 of them anyway).

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend told me to do the exact thing that the OP did - let it expire and wait to get a better offer. I don't need the entire lineup, so it's good that there are package deals.

Never had Sirius before, but enjoyed it during a recent road trip - didn't have to continuously hunt for channels.

I plan on paying by check for renewal. If they don't accept that, I'll purchase a gift card and load it with the renewal amount so they won't be able to auto renew me at the regular price, and I won't have to remind myself.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been doing just like most of the other posters here. $5/month for 5 or 6 months, then call to cancel right before the automatic renewal kicks in. They invariably offer the $5/month deal again. It's almost easy enough, I think I could probably hold out for something better still.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

A friend told me to do the exact thing that the OP did - let it expire and wait to get a better offer. I don't need the entire lineup, so it's good that there are package deals.

Never had Sirius before, but enjoyed it during a recent road trip - didn't have to continuously hunt for channels.

I plan on paying by check for renewal. If they don't accept that, I'll purchase a gift card and load it with the renewal amount so they won't be able to auto renew me at the regular price, and I won't have to remind myself.
If you have already given them a credit card, they will use it until you cancel it or it expires. I pay by check, but I've never given them a card.

Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
My Photo & RV link blog

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you tell them not to keep your credit card on file, they will not auto renew.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vermilye wrote:

2012Coleman wrote:

If you have already given them a credit card, they will use it until you cancel it or it expires. I pay by check, but I've never given them a card.
Yes - you are correct. But if it costs say 50 bucks and I get a gift card with 50 bucks on it, it's only good for 50 bucks once - and who cares if they have the gift card number - it's been cut up and in the landfill long before they try to use it again.

Chuck_thehammer

Ohio, or Very South Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

credit card... call card company ..

tell them you canceled Sirius contract... do not pay..

end of problem.

I just renewed... $ 50 for 6 months, all programming.... cheaper then my limited access $14.00 per month.

Jacksons

columbus,ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use an old ipod with several hundred hours of music on it, I don't want nor need Sirius, they can keep their 5 dollar a month plan

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jacksons wrote:

I use an old ipod with several hundred hours of music on it, I don't want nor need Sirius, they can keep their 5 dollar a month plan

iPods certainly have their place. I have one as well. But it doesn't work if you want to hear some sort of talk radio. Or sports. Not important to all, but it is important to me.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On top of that, I'm tired of the same old music. With services like Sirius and Pandora, I'm constantly finding new stuff that I like.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Renew SiriusXM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS