Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tired of the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker Problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Tired of the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker Problems

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The stove pipe flavor is typically one of two things, stale smoke or combustion. Since you have the fan, I wouldn't think that you have stale smoke. Is there a chance you are getting fire in your mailbox? FWIW, I smoke my cheese for 2 hours. I can't see how you would get a favorable result in 15 - 20 minutes.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Camper: 2007 Eagle Cap 850
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

The stove pipe flavor is typically one of two things, stale smoke or combustion. Since you have the fan, I wouldn't think that you have stale smoke. Is there a chance you are getting fire in your mailbox? FWIW, I smoke my cheese for 2 hours. I can't see how you would get a favorable result in 15 - 20 minutes.

Smoldering smoke, no fire in the mailbox..

Always make sure flame is out after getting the pellets lit before putting the smoking tube in the mail box.

Air flow I think is the problem, only have three 1/2" holes in the front of mailbox but keeping in mind that the bottom of the door does not seal so that lets in some air.

Might even consider leaving the smoker door a bit loose to help with air flow on the cheese..

A little puzzling since all the meats taste great, not over smoked and not under smoked.

Have cold double smoked bacon and ham, turns out perfect..

Have to see about making a few more holes in the front of the mail box.. Not gonna happen right now though, 6 degrees F outside with 15 MPH winds and supposed to be -8 F overnight.

Just not good temps to play with a smoker outside..

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had a masterbuilt electric for about 5 yrs and have had no issues. Maybe I got lucky>

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Tired of the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker Problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS