Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Fiberglass front cap worth it?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Fiberglass front cap worth it?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
clotus

ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jq1953 wrote:

I purchased a new Minnie Winnie 331K in 2013. I too thought that Winnebago was a better product, as this was my second RV. I had several issues with the front cap leaking during hard rains.
Two trips to my dealer were of no use. Calls to Winnebago were of no use either. I finally purchased RV-Plex sealant from Camping World and sealed ever seam on the entire coach, a real job but solved my problem.
I hate to gripe about companies, but Winnebago really disappointed me with this unit. I don't believe I will purchase another Winnebago product. Jayco seems to be a good company and I would think they are as good as Winnebago.

Do you have a fiberglass front cap? Jayco is also high on my list right now. We are still trying to narrow down floor plans first.

5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245
Truck: 08 Dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 diesel
-Airbags, hellwig sway bar, rancho 9000xl, Nitto 285/70R17's, Prodigy P2 brake controller, and B&W Patriot 16k hitch.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The seamless B+ cap on our rig has has never given us trouble. Not only seamless, but it resonates so much less compared to a typical class C with an frontal over-hang. 10 years and 36,000 miles later, the few seams located rearward show no signs of stress.

If you don't need the big frontal portion, I would avoid it. If you must have it, try to get one that is seamless like the Winnebago View/Navion.
[image]

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Fiberglass front cap worth it?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS