Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Windows noise at highway speed
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Windows noise at highway speed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
map40

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 04:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 of my motorhomes have the standard windows. When I drive over 60 MPH they all start to shake as the rubber and the felp like material has loosened up (they are all over 100K miles). Anybody ever found a fix for this problem?

2007 and 08 Majestic 28As, 2013 Sunseeker 3070DS, 2015 and 2 2016 Jayco 31XLs
Life rocks when your home rolls

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the sounds of things, I suspect that the best solution would be renewing the gasket material. It ought to be available from the window manufacturer, likely among other places.

Other than that, it might be practical to wedge the windows in place when traveling with e.g. a couple of toothpicks or a folded index card or something.

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just did a basic search for your complaint and there are some that have changed out the felt and experienced issues. Some commented that there was silicone in the channel and that cost them a lot of time. Others had success. Depending on your ability to repair things there is felt available you can replace in the channels. Also a call to your local mobile RV guy is always helpful. They come out, do the work and you are on your way.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you talking about the House Windows? or the Cab windows?

If it is the House windows that are your problem there is an owner on the Buying a Rental Thread that has a Majestic that used This Method

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Windows noise at highway speed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS