Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Grand Canyon
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Lauren

Sahuarita, AZ (or on the road!)

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As you are taking pictures from the North Rim, remember you are shooting directly into the sun.

Went to the N R twice; thought we really missed something on the first visit. Confirmed to us we did not.

Yes, I knew about the side roads and the hiking - some or both of which many cannot do for one reason or another.

Have been to the S R many times. Have award winning photography. Most photographs you see of the GC are from the S R.

Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

www.LaurenBarbara.com

www.LaurensPix.com

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, thanks for the advice. Wife and I are going to possibly change our stops to take in some of your advice. Me, I just drive. I have determined it is better to let her decide where we are going.

Busskipper

Arnold,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lauren wrote:

As you are taking pictures from the North Rim, remember you are shooting directly into the sun.

Went to the N R twice; thought we really missed something on the first visit. Confirmed to us we did not.

Yes, I knew about the side roads and the hiking - some or both of which many cannot do for one reason or another.

Have been to the S R many times. Have award winning photography. Most photographs you see of the GC are from the S R.

We'll keep trying to get you back to the North Rim Lauren, Sometimes looking into the sun has advantages;

[image]

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 01/13/18 12:33pm by Busskipper *

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
MDX-FMCA--M&G Brake
States traveled in this Coach

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

considering your wife's condition the north rim may be to high for her comfort.
you might consider a helicopter or fixed wing tour of canyon,having done both and visited both sides i enjoyed the view from the air flying through the canyon the most.what ever you decide they all are spectacular. you can't go wrong.

Lauren

Sahuarita, AZ (or on the road!)

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have won 2 awards for images shot right into the sun - but one was sunrise and one at sunset; not midday.

I will go back to NR if you give me a winning Powerball ticket. The top prize only.

Will be back to the S R for 5 days this Sept.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS