Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: 6 speed auto transmission Allison with 8.3 Cummins
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> 6 speed auto transmission Allison with 8.3 Cummins

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
polar76

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On your heating issue, you may have a booster pump that is not functioning.
On my 97 model Country Coach, it is located on the inside of the frame Drivers side, about as far back as the driveshaft location. just a 12V source and ground wire.

1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

">

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On your S Cams and Slack Adjusters it's common for them to get sticky from lack of use and not being lubed properly.
I have had to free up hundreds of them on semi's but the $900. plus figure seems very high to me. ???

tazzzytazus

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stim wrote:

On your S Cams and Slack Adjusters it's common for them to get sticky from lack of use and not being lubed properly.
I have had to free up hundreds of them on semi's but the $900. plus figure seems very high to me. ???

It was all labor at that. I kinda figured it was, but hell, I'm from Indiana, was in Florida, when your in need your most vulerable.

MontyL

NW WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/18 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#4 is an odd one, I'd go after the negative on the coach battery and also check the disconnect relay, as both of mine are just forward of the engine.

#5 is safety shutdown, the controller in the furnace isn't sure it lit. Check the flue for nested critters, etc.

Don't give up on it, you're already vested!

2003 Rexhall Rose Air 3955ET
2005 Aveo (current toad)

Solo

NE Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/18 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tazzzytazus wrote:

3) I’m getting no heat from the dash while engine running and temp at running temperature....

Here's a shot in the dark but, have you checked to see if your coach has shut-off valves on the coolant hoses that serve the dash heater core? I believe your Imperial is on a Spartan chassis so I cannot speak to where they may be but, many are located along the block/transmission area and are not difficult to see and open or close as necessary. The temperature differences of the dash AC and dash heat are regulated significantly by the valve positions. On our Freightliner XCL chassis, it is located on the left side, near the engine block. Here's a picture of ours.[image]

Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2005 Jeep TJ Toad with SMI DUO Braking System
Our Travel Blog VolunteersWithAPurpose

tazzzytazus

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/18 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

You were lucky on that trip. A 22 year old coach needs a complete mechanical and RV component inspection. Then repair or replacement of defective or questionable components. Then you should have a reliable unit.

That was helpful....... Thank You

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> 6 speed auto transmission Allison with 8.3 Cummins
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS