Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Repairs and Maintence
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Repairs and Maintence

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A repair is when you fix the broken item

A replacement is when you buy another one, broke or working it's a replacement

An upgrade is when you replace the item with a new one having more features and hopefully better quality

If you replace with a cheaper simpler item, it may be new, but it's a replacement down grade

Just my opinion, your definitions might be different

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

When I look over a unit for sale on a pre-buy, I'm looking at the maintenance records for regular service. Oil, filters, chassis service, genny service. etc. There's a whole list of stuff that should be done every year, twice a year, every 24,000 miles etc. If the receipts for these are in a 3-ring binder in chronological order, I know that the current owner understands the meaning of preventative maintenance.

There's an entire generation out there that has not even lifted the hood of their car. PM means taking it to the dealer when the check engine light comes on. You can't treat a motor home or camping trailer that way.

It sounds to me like you're interested not only in preventative maintenance, but also very careful bookkeeping. The latter may be good evidence of the former, but in itself it doesn't have any bearing on how well maintained the RV is.

I'm afraid I don't keep receipts from Walmart for the oil and filters I buy just to prove to the next owner (whenever there will be one, which I don't expect for some time) that I did indeed change the oil as specified by the manufacturer.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WILDEBILL308 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

WILDEBILL308 wrote:

s, upgrade the refrigerator to residential,
Bill

What one wants, another person doesn't. If I was looking, that statement would kill the deal for me.
but I think folks are confusing "upgrades" with maintenance.
bumpy

I am not confusing anything. Bumpy is the one who wants to spend his money for common maintence and repair items not be happy the previous owner did them.
Thee OP was talking about 20+ year old RV's But Bumpy would be more likely to buy the one with nothing working so he can spend his money. Bumpy,Please add your RV to your signature so we can see what you are using/driving.
Bill

Logic and common sense are obviously traits that you lack. I have no desire to list the various RVs I have had over the years but if you are really interested you can do a search and find out.
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Repairs and Maintence
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS