Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Pickensville Campground COE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pickensville Campground COE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From St. Louis, MO, we are planning a stop over at Pickensville Campground (a Corp Park) on our way to Ft. Pickens, FL. Our plans, so far, call for us to be hitting Pickensville towards the end of February, approx the 20 thru the 22. The reserve site states that the walk-in season is November through February. No problem. My question is: are any of the facilities open, i.e. shower houses, drinking water, dump facilities, etc?
I might just end up calling someone as time nears and we get a firmer date.

thanks all

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the COE campgrounds in that district have utilities including water, electricity, and dump stations open. The campground is listed as year round, so restrooms should be open. However, restroom cleaning is usually done on a contract or volunteer basis.

My experience is that the restrooms might be closed. It is on an individual campground basis and what was being done last year or last month might not be true next month. It is best to call the number listed on the recreation.gov site and ask.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Sailors are essential because even Marines need heroes”

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Hiking Hunter

Warrior, Alabama, usually

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickensville is an excellent campground, although it is off the beaten path. All facilities should be open. The sites are large, well laid out and level. The CG is very flat and bicycle friendly. Power is 30/50 amps. There are some full hookup sites. They have a good dump station. Enjoy watching the tugs and barges go by on the river!

Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Pickensville Campground COE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS