Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Best Way to sell my Diesel Pusher
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Best Way to sell my Diesel Pusher

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
NV Born

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Everyone! We are new to the forum and looking for ideas on how best to sell our motorhome. Our elderly parents are failing and we have been unable to travel as planned.

Any advice on auctions, consignments and company recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a best time of year to sell?

* This post was last edited 01/14/18 08:57am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craigs List in February.

Beware of scams. Ignore any seller that's on an offshore oil rig, buying the "unit" sight unseen at asking price for his father.

* This post was edited 01/14/18 08:55am by an administrator/moderator *

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craigslist; Make sure it is really clean and not cluttered, lots of pictures and priced to sell. Otherwise you won't get anyone to come look at it if it is priced what someone could get a new one. They need the price to bring them in and the motorhome should sell itself after that. Good luck

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the reason you are getting out from under. You don't want to be distracted from what's going on by having to sell your coach. Tell you what, in the spirit of RV.Net forum (What a fine group we all be!), how about you just keep paying for the RV, insurance, registration - and toss a Fuel Credit Card on the dash too. I'll send my daughter who is looking for a rig to come take care of it for you... Then you'll have a rig that you must have liked to have bought it, to return to when the time is right. But act fast, because this is short time offer!!!

=======

Do an honest assessment of coach condition. Add or subtract from sell asking price accordingly. Look at what others are advertised for on RV.Trader, and other locations. Check PPL's Sold Coaches prices, and see if you can find a similar rig that has sold. Use this to come up with a reasonable price.

I'd recommend advertising on Craigslist, RV.Trader, IRV2. And to to any owners forums you may be members of, and let them know it's available too. And, on ownership forums where it OK to do this, I'd suggest you offer a 'reward' to any fellow member who helps facilitate the actual sell with someone. $500-1000 reward, could pay back dividends.

Best to you as you handle these transitions, and responsibilities on the home front too...
Smitty

Lwiddis

Hearst San Simeon SP

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn’t sell. Take short breaks RVing. My mother told me to never cancel a trip because of her health...”You aren’t my doctor...GO!”

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you sell on CL be sure to wait to sign the title until the check clears the bank

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By now the scam calls should be coming in. Be aware... People usually buy stuff like that locally. Pay no attention to anyone who is not going to come over to see it and make an offer. You'll get the calls from plenty of people who want to sell it for you, too. Instead of checks, offer to go to the buyer's bank to make the deal with a cashier's check issued by the bank as you watch them. Usually the bank will also have a notary if the title needs that.

Dale.Traveling

Newport News, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The greatest return will be if you can sell it yourself thru the various internet based listings as mentioned. Your second option is consignment sale at a dealer that offers such as service. They will require a percentage of the sale for their effort which will reduce your end. Third option is to drive to a RV retailer and more or less trade it in. Auctions are out there but not many and you'll need to get the coach there and potential sale price might be below trade in.

If you do a self sale the coach needs to be as clean and somewhat empty as possible. By somewhat empty I mean as uncluttered as much as possible in the living area and nothing in the storage that isn't part of the sale. Not much different then selling a house. Presentation and staging for pics goes a very long way to closing a seal.

2006 Hurricane 31D aka 'Moby' the Whale
FCC(SW) US Navy Retired 1980-2003
Stella my Navigator
Bogart the All American RV Dog
and
Cocoui and Hanna waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/18 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not here to plug the dealership I work for (La Mesa) but people sell us their RV's all the time, from all over the country. The negotiations are done over the phone and a driver is flown to your location to inspect the RV. If it passes you get paid and he drives the RV back to the dealership. I won't say you'll get top dollar doing it this way but it is another option for you.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

ricklord2001

Green Cove Spr, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/18 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sold 2 RV's and the best responses I got was from RV Trader. Craigslist only got a bunch of tire kickers and people who had no idea what they wanted and had a bunch of "special request", ie can you drive it to Florida so I can look at it. (It was located in Georgia). Sold both of them to people who had looked it up on RV Trader.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Best Way to sell my Diesel Pusher
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS