Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Trailers where slides do NOT block access?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Trailers where slides do NOT block access?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 10:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP hasnt been back, but we should ask what year f 150 he is towing with..

OP can you let us know what truck and year? Possibly we can make slightly heavier offerings

And he said he wants a weight limit of around 5000 lbs..

Also OP whats your budget?

If you can afford the grand designs the 2600 rear bath is ideal... Man a 36x36 shower is great... Slide in nothing blocked...

This would be my ideal trailer. Great TV viewing too...

5800 lbs
600 TW

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2........travel-trailer/imagine/floorplans/2600rb

[image]

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FrankShore wrote:

Take a look at the newest Lance 2465

Lance 2465

That looks interesting, for sure, especially the king size bed.

I can't find it on the Lance web site or on any dealer listing anywhere, though. Seems to be a well-kept secret.

2006 Toyota Sienna
Single empty-nester in Middle TN

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 11:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lawrosa wrote:

OP hasnt been back, but we should ask what year f 150 he is towing with..

OP can you let us know what truck and year? Possibly we can make slightly heavier offerings

And he said he wants a weight limit of around 5000 lbs..

Also OP whats your budget?

If you can afford the grand designs the 2600 rear bath is ideal... Man a 36x36 shower is great... Slide in nothing blocked...

This would be my ideal trailer. Great TV viewing too...

5800 lbs
600 TW

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2........travel-trailer/imagine/floorplans/2600rb

[image]

OP has been busy cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry, LOL.

Budget is adequate for the Grand Design.

Tow vehicle is 2015 F150 3.5L Ecoboost, Supercab, 145" wb, 4x4. Tow rating is 10,700, GCWR is 16,000. Payload is 1530 lb. The numbers line up for that trailer.

BUT it appears to me from the floor plan that the slide is going to block the bedroom door when the slide is in. Am I wrong?

Generally we would prefer a shorter trailer for more choice in sites.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 11:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Don’t know why you do not want a fridge in the side. That could eliminate a lot of possible models. It is a very common arrangement and no problem with fridge operation. Mine is 10 yrs old and works fine even in very hot temps.

My understanding is that a fridge in a slide requires at least one powered fan for operation. We do extended camping in national forests and parks with no hookups, and sometimes in areas where generators are not allowed. We prefer not to have the power suck of a fan.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the fan.

TUCQUALA

Kennewick, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a 2010 version of the 24RBS, same floor plan and setup. Yes, the slide will probably block the access to the rear of trailer. If they have shortened the angled counter (??), maybe a person can fit through the space. In ours we couldn't. Wasn't a big deal for us, but your idea may be different!!!

As to a slide mounted frig, they do have some problems, esp in hot climates. Fans can be noisy, some have poor support and flex of LP hose and electrical. And usually mounted close to the floor, more bending over!! But then lots of trailers nowdays have them, but I have noticed some mfgs going away from them in the newest models. Time changes things on a regular basis!!!

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
DrawTite/Reese 1200# Round Bar w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 11:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

neschultz wrote:

Take a look at the Winnebago Minnie 2401RG. The slide does block access but the 2 outside doors makes it a non-problem...at least for us.

Forgot to mention.... One almost must-have is a full-length queen bed. We are both tired of having our feet hanging off the bed, and fighting with sheets that don't fit. [emoticon]

lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 11:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup it does... This guy has the slide in..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dnPZjuZG7k

But maybe the optional freestanding dinnette will solve the blocking issue some..... Just turn the table against the wall and use two chairs...

But I guess the wall will still block it off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9ieNk0Bhk

lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 12:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an FYI... Your payload is like mine only 1500 lbs... I started off with a 4730 lbs trailer in my sig.. with a 541 lb TW... Just loading my stuff, propane and another battery Im up to 740 lb TW...

Only leaves 700 lbs for stuff in the truck...

I did weigh my truck... I have 1460 lbs payload. Thats me 200 lbs and a full tank of fuel 34 gallons in the truck at time of weigh...

Leaves me 720 lbs for wife, two kids, and a lot of **** in the bed of the truck..

Ive been overweight a few times im sure...

But can you imaging if I started with a larger trailer????

It may be hard to find what your looking for with a slide. I purposely bought a non slide model becuase

1. Its my opinion all slides will leak
2. To keep the weight down...
3. and it allows me to put 2200 lbs of stuff in the trailer...

Make sure you jot down the CCC of the trailers you look at...

Some i've seen barely have 1000 lbs CCC's..

lawrosa

Horry County

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 12:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.coachmenrv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=62&ModelID=1597#Main

http://www.coachmenrv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=62&ModelID=3868#Main

Front living room is nice...2018 Winnebago Minnie 2500FL Front Living Travel ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdsRZIDi-jA

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 01:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

coolmom42 wrote:

My travel partner is wanting out of his current Coachmen trailer, to upgrade somewhat and have something with a slide. He wants something with a better quality of materials and insulation, easily set up for boondocking and cool winter camping.

We've looked at floor plans from Grand Design, Lance, and Jayco. We want a bedroom with a door, a slide, and a bathroom with the sink inside it. The trailer has to be fully functional and accessible with the slide IN. We have to stay towable with a F150 and want to keep dry weight around 5000. We don't need or want bunks--just the 2 of us. We've looked at Olivers, but are deterred by the 7' width, small baths, and the price tag.

It appears that every Grand Design floor plan in our weight limit is set up so the slide blocks either the kitchen or bedroom. Plus the refrigerator is in the slide and we don't want that.

The only Jayco model that otherwise fits our needs is the 24RBS. The kitchen area has a funky angled countertop that looks like it will bump up against the slide, and block access to the bathroom and kitchen, when the slide is in. Does anyone have any first-hand observations about the usability of the trailer with the slide in?

The Lance 2295 MIGHT work, although I don't care for that giant entertainment center blocking off the middle. The Lance 2375 has the angled counter section like the Jayco 24RBS. But again a person can't tell about the slide clearance.

None of these trailers are conveniently located to us and we would like to have some input before making a drive to see one. Any input from real-life observations is appreciated!

PM sent

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2011 Silverado CC DA big dually.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Trailers where slides do NOT block access?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS