Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: rand mcnally deluxe motor carrier's 2017 road atlas
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> rand mcnally deluxe motor carrier's 2017 road atlas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

out of curiosity I just checked the price printed on the back and it was $79.95. I guess I got my $5.00 worth.
bumpy

Count your blessings too.

On the basis of your recommendation I went to try to find this at our Ollie's. They didn't have it.

But of course we found about $25 worth of other stuff that we just HAD to bring home with us!

-Speak

when I saw it I put it in my cart and moved off. then I decided to buy another one and went up and down the aisles and couldn't find one. I must have grabbed the only/last one they had??
bumpy

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just picked one up at the Ollie's on Route 114 in Woonsocket RI. There are still about a dozen left. So if you are in nearby Massachusetts or Rhode Island your good. Sweet deal. Nice spiral bound atlas.
Thanks for the tip Bumpy.

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmm .... the 2018 deluxe one is only $39.95 right on McNally's website: https://store.randmcnally.com/2018-deluxe-motor-carriers-road-atlas.html

Even at the full retail price of $79.95, the McNally is still way less expensive than these - which contain way more information (i.e. one atlas per state) than a truck driver is interested in - but are fantastic for serious RV'ing in the states that they're available for: https://www.benchmarkmaps.com/atlases

* This post was edited 02/12/18 07:35pm by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the Ollies in Hagerstown, md, has a few of these left. they have 2 fewer than when I walked into the store however. I spent 10 minutes walking every aisle in the book section and then asked a clerk. they were piled up near the registers so be sure to ask if shopping for one.
bumpy

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Benchmark series of atlases - mentioned above - for the Western states are awesome for RVers who want to explore the countrysides and not stay on interstates or in cities. We used them for travel and also for our 'fun' drives in the backcountry. No, they don't give you roads suitable for truckers. Many towns along secondary highways don't want the truck noise or weight so they're not allowed. That doesn't mean RVers can't drive through. In all our years of full-timing we never encountered bridges that we couldn't pass or highways we couldn't drive. We drove secondary roads, not interstates. I'm sure there are places in the East where you wouldn't want to take a RV but no problems in the West.... for the most part. There are mountain highways not recommended for truckers but RVers have no problem. Truckers are even banned from just driving through Yellowstone. I guess what I'm saying is not to rely solely on a trucker's atlas. A quick Google and you can find out lots of information on roads. It's also becoming common to find the actual 'drive' on YouTube. If you rely on the Truckers atlas you won't really see America.

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> rand mcnally deluxe motor carrier's 2017 road atlas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS