Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Back up camera
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Back up camera

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

650 is to much. I just put one on my wife's Honda and it was only a hair over 100.00 and works great.it was hard wired I don't know why you couldn't add another wire i'm also going to put one on my 27' T/T and hard wire it to my in dash Kenwood navigation system. Kenwood has a camera with a 30' cord that will get me to the hitch then another cord to the receiver then I can unplug at the hitch.I would like to try a wireless and use a repeater. I have one on my TPMS, but it works with or without so I don't know if its beneficial. I can unhook from the trailer and be 80' or so from it and they still work.
Jay D.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

RCMAN46 wrote:

As for the backup camera. If it can be used full time yes.

I have a camera on the back of my trailer and after you have towed with one it is much like power steering and power brakes I would never have a car or truck without power steering or power brakes.

do they even sell consumer vehicles without power steering and power brakes anymore?
bumpy

If they do would you buy one??

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RCMAN46 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

RCMAN46 wrote:

As for the backup camera. If it can be used full time yes.

I have a camera on the back of my trailer and after you have towed with one it is much like power steering and power brakes I would never have a car or truck without power steering or power brakes.

do they even sell consumer vehicles without power steering and power brakes anymore?
bumpy

If they do would you buy one??

nope
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Back up camera
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS