Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Sailun tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for new tires for my 5er. Sailun Tires good or bad, Buy or not. want G rated or higher,

Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

md_procouple

Parkville, Md.

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had VERY good results from our Sailun's tires and they are going on two years old with no issues. Matter of fact going to put Sailun's on the truck next year. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!

Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
">

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If someone stole the Sailun tires off our toyhauler, I'd buy another set in a heartbeat. Five years, 20,000 miles, and still going strong. Couldn't ask for a better tire. IMO of course.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8 pages of Sailun tires

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/18 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

md_procouple wrote:

We have had VERY good results from our Sailun's tires and they are going on two years old with no issues. Matter of fact going to put Sailun's on the truck next year. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!

It won't be long some will finally get it, they are finding out now about the S637's, and next we will start hearing about the Sailun Terramax for our trucks.

I agree with you on the truck tires, the Sailun Terramx will be my next truck tire. I'm tired of getting taken to the cleaners on the price of truck tires. We finally got a great trailer tire in the Sailuns, now the truck tires. I have no doubt they will equal the Goodyears, Toyo's, and especially the Michelins, and etc etc etc. and at about half the price [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/18 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yankeecamper wrote:

Looking for new tires for my 5er. Sailun Tires good or bad, Buy or not. want G rated or higher,

If you got the wheels for them Sailuns are your BEST choice . 235-80-16 @ 4080, or 235-85-16 @ 4400. Most likely your wheels will be rated for 110 psi, but probably 3750 on weight rating, but still a great choice, just won't be able to utilize the weight rating although you can inflate to 110 psi, just don't overload the wheels

You can go with an inflation chart, but if your wheels are 3750, 95-100 should cover that with the Sailuns.

Weldon

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/18 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who sells this tire Sailun?

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been running ours on our 16k fifth wheel for 3 1/2 years and they still look perfect. They only lose 3-4 psi sitting all winter as well.

They are excellent tires and I would not hesitate to buy them again.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/18 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weldon wrote:

Who sells this tire Sailun?
I bought mine from SimpleTire online, when I bought them there were only a couple places that sold them, and they were much higher than SimpleTire. They're cheaper now than when I bought them.

EgorKC

Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/18 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

If someone stole the Sailun tires off our toyhauler, I'd buy another set in a heartbeat. Five years, 20,000 miles, and still going strong. Couldn't ask for a better tire. IMO of course.

X2. Third year and over 12,000 miles. They run cooler than the Marathons we had on before. Just make sure you put em on rims that are rated high enough.

You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. ">
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 2 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat">
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS