Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Sailun tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RollandB

Albany, Or

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/18 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve had mine a year and like the Sailuns a lot. A buddy has 35,000 on his which includes a trip to Alaska and back. He is planning a trip east so had them looked at by his tire store, was told not to worry.

Endurance as others have said are not a G rated tire. If I didn’t have a local dealer for the Sailuns I would order them online and pay for the install and balancing.

2005 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Long Box, Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, TST507's

2016 Artic Fox 27-5L

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/18 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philaura wrote:

I don't know what the Sailun tires cost and I could not find anywhere local to see them, so I went the route of the many cattleman who pull heavy cattle and truck trailers at high speeds. I swapped my cheap 16" tires and wheels for a 19.5" commercial tire and wheel package from BOAR Tire and Wheel. Bolt pattern is the same and they fit perfectly. They can even be retreaded if desired but I doubt I will need to ever replace them on my Genesis CR32 Toyhauler. They are G rated, require 110 psi, and rated for 75 MPH speeds. The deep hard rubber tread vastly decreases rolling resistance and they have improved my mileage about 1 mpg. Absolutely no problems in a year and a half. They do lose 1 pound of air pressure during the winter.
Cost me about $1,400 out the door price for everything. Just another option.

IMO not a very good option at that price, where you could of ordered Sailuns at less then half that price, and at this point there is no better 16" G rated tire on the market.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrRetired821 wrote:

Last summer we bought Hartland ST Radial All Steel from Discount Tires for our 40' 5th wheel. Max PSI is 110 G rated and they weigh about 60 lbs. Have had no problems with them after several long trips and many short trips..
Just put some on my 34' 5er. Interesting tire.. no tread design. Got rid of Carlisles after one blowout and watching the inner rib wear way faster than the rest of the tire. Discount serviceman thought the tire was starting to come apart. So did I.

ramyankee

North Idaho/Kootenai Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just out of curiosity I looked at the 637 as a probably soon replacement for our 5th wheel but only found 16" tires. What is a suggestion for our 15" wheels? We are in Northern Idaho so looks like we would have to go the Amazon, Simpletire route and get them shipped to us.
Thanks

Rick and Patti ">
2 Proud CONSERVATIVES ">
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2016 Keystone Cougar 284RDB
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For 15", Goodyear Endurance, or Kenda load range E are a few of many brands out there.
trailertiresandwheels.com

Bayley

Meridian

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/18 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see the Sailun Terramax is only available up to 17" tires. I hope that changes by the time I'm ready to upgrade my Truck tires.......I need an 18" Tire.

Semper Fi

Tony, Darlene & the boss Bentley!
2013 Ram CTD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, B&W Turnover Ball and Anderson "Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection".
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K 5th wheel with Reese Airborne Pin Box.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/18 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bayley wrote:

I see the Sailun Terramax is only available up to 17" tires. I hope that changes by the time I'm ready to upgrade my Truck tires.......I need an 18" Tire.

You need to google Sailun Terramax 4S , and get on their website. They offer truck tires from 15"-20". My next truck tire will be the Terramax size 275/70/18 E rated ,which they offer. Friend had a set of 275/70/18 installed on his Superduty about a month ago, he's happy so far with them

* This post was edited 10/11/18 05:46pm by cummins2014 *

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

During the summer when we are traveling in Idaho and Montana, I kind of watch trailer tires that the ranchers and horsey people are using on their stock trailers. The predominate tire is definitely Salium tires

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/18 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsallyh wrote:

During the summer when we are traveling in Idaho and Montana, I kind of watch trailer tires that the ranchers and horsey people are using on their stock trailers. The predominate tire is definitely Salium tires

Or Provider.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Retired and enjoying it!

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ramyankee wrote:

Just out of curiosity I looked at the 637 as a probably soon replacement for our 5th wheel but only found 16" tires. What is a suggestion for our 15" wheels? We are in Northern Idaho so looks like we would have to go the Amazon, Simpletire route and get them shipped to us.
Thanks

I would put the GY Endurance tires on it and not look back! Chris

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Sailun tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS