Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Things we learned while driving through Canada to Alaska
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Things we learned while driving through Canada to Alaska

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jensenst

Black Mountain NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/18 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have verizon service no problem with using my I phone, I had limited coverage in Yukon< i just up. dated my plan to unlimited data for trip tp Alaska. Data was limited to .5 gigs a day. My wife flip phone would work in Canada. I thought Canada was awesome. Alaska seem trashy to me I'm glad I went but would never go back.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were there in August. and i'm like you Canada was scenic and almost all the towns we were in were nice and clean. the hiways were clean much more so than Alaska. Alaska just seamed to be run down every were you looked. I was wondering how Canada keeps there hiways so clean. they don't have a bottle refund like we do here in Oregon, that helps in keeping them off the sides of the road. I wasn't impressed with Alaska.
Jay D.

trigley

Central Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

We were there in August. and i'm like you Canada was scenic and almost all the towns we were in were nice and clean. the hiways were clean much more so than Alaska. Alaska just seamed to be run down every were you looked. I was wondering how Canada keeps there hiways so clean. they don't have a bottle refund like we do here in Oregon, that helps in keeping them off the sides of the road. I wasn't impressed with Alaska.
Jay D.

Actually several of the provinces do have bottle\can return programs. In Alberta ours has been extended to all juice and milk containers as well. Also in Ab one day is set aside in the spring where youth groups can clean a section of highway as a fund raiser. Adult individuals or groups can also contract to clean a section.
In Ab we also use strong winds to blow items into other provinces or countries.[emoticon] I never did find my Thule car topper which blew off on highway 22 last winter!!

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 10:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

Jay D.

In British Columbia like Alberta we have extensive container reclying. Around where we live there are people that are less fortunate, that walk the edges of the roads and hwys picking up items that they can cash in for money every day.
This is a big contributor too the nice looking roads sides you see when you travel though parts of Canada.
Soup

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Things we learned while driving through Canada to Alaska
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS