Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Hardwood Floor Cleaner

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ghooos

yeaop

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the laminate is only partially made of wood, caring for it is much easier than for natural wood. However, it is also prone to contamination and damage. Improper care or lack of proper care of the laminate over time will lead to the fact that its protective glossy coating will fade, and the surface will be covered with traces of incorrect cleaning methods. I want my laminate to stay in a good condition over time so I want to take good care of it, what about Bona hardwood floor cleaner review? Has anyone here used that?

Chrisatthebeach

The beautiful low country of South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

If you get in the habit of removing your shoes when entering the house, assuming you aren't doing that already, you'll cut down on the amount of dirt tracked in immensely.

X2, works wonders, no sand, vacuum weekly and rarely have to mop.

Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/19 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brand new house and Bona was recommended so they used that before we moved in. Had to have a whole crew come back to remove the haze it left. We use a little Vinegar and some essential orange oils - not much - in a spray bottle with a cloth mop. Cheap and easy and works just fine with no nasty chemicals.

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our home has hardwood floors. We don't have pets, so can't help there but we a) always take off shoes.....
b) use a hard surface vacuum very regularly
c) only very infrequently use a cleaner. We've had equally good luck with, surprise, Bona, and Murphy's Oil Soap...or at least the hardwood floor cleaner that carries that brand name. Not sure it's really "oil soap"

As other posters noted, we tend to sort of overlook dust but a quick swipe with the vacuum and about every 6 weeks with the cleaner seems to take care of most dirt and grime.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/19 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's too much of a hassle to constantly take shoes on and off. The dogs need to be walked, the trash has to go out, have to get the mail, etc. We seem to have gotten more of a handle on it by keeping the mop a little dryer so there's much less residue.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember the old Stanley products ? You can still find dealers but not many. I use my Stanley wool dust mop. If I need to wipe the floor, I use water with a bit of white vinegar & wring out my rag thoroughly.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS