Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
AshleyStephens

Albuquerque

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque !

August 30th we purchased a brand new RV and it had a huge chunk out of the bathroom counter before we bought it. Our salesperson Randy Chavez assured us it would be taken care of.

The RV is delivered two days later and the huge chunk is still missing. Randy then informs us we need to make a claim with Jayco to have it replaced under warranty, but it will be no problem. So we tell him to go ahead and file the claim now, even though this issue did not happen while we owned the RV. Randy says it will take 7-10 days to get the new counter in and replace it. We're planning on leaving the state soon, but we agree we can wait to have this done.

Two weeks later, we follow up with Randy. No response. Now TWENTY-ONE DAYS after the claim, we follow up again, and he finally says the counter is backordered by months, and— surprise— the repair must be done at the store it is ordered at. We do not live in New Mexico, and we have no plans to be back.

Now we have a $27k+ brand new trailer with a bathroom counter top with a huge chunk out of it (it just ripped a brand new pair of pants it's so sharp), shitty customer service, and no idea if or when we can have it replaced.

The bad reviews on Camping World are true— they are sweet to make the sale, but then you're worthless to them. Buyer beware: you do not want to deal with Camping World. Look elsewhere.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 01:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello AshleyStephens,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you have had at the Albuquerque Camping World location. Please provide your contact number in a private message. I will forward your concerns to the leadership team for review and follow up.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to ask, why did you buy it in NM when you don't reside there.. Let me guess, the price was right. Just another reason to deal locally I'd say. and furthermore, I would have called Jayco direct or not taken delivery of the unit at all.

I think that unless CW steps up to the plate on this one, you are screwed.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/18 01:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do people buy stuff when they know it's broken?
It sounds like you went a long way from home to save some money. How much did you save?

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP,

Hopefully it will get resolved.

You've learned a valuable RV lesson the hard way. Always do a completed PDI (pre delivery inspection) before purchase and never accept the rig until repairs are completed. Be prepared to WALK.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42 Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2004 CR-V and 2014 Grand Cherokee

Bob

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never sign the line till its inspected

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/18 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate to throw fuel on the fire but if you were my son, I would have to ask you:
What the heck were you thinking?

Get the next one.

Would you accept a new car with a big rip in the seat?

And what kind of dealer would even let you take it?

And good luck with Camping World.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sorry you have this problem, and I hope you are prepared to pay to have it fixed yourself. Camping World will not pay to have it fixed, and unless the damage is noted when the trailer was delivered from the factory to Camping World, Jayco will take the position it was damaged on the dealer's lot after delivery.

Cost to repair probably less than $200. Any residential cabinet and counter top place can do this one in their sleep; it is not RV specific.

Two lessons here: 1. a salesman's job is to make the sale so anything they say means nothing, and 2. never accept any product unless it is 100% to your satisfaction.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had visited a CW to look at a couple units and had thought it was interesting how the salesman went on about "If you buy a camper at CW, because we are nationwide, you can get warranty service anywhere in the country"
Doesn't sound the same in here though.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/18 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's interesting. You can buy a car from one dealer and get it serviced or warranty repairs at another no issue (I've done just that) but when it comes to an RV, it don't work that way and that in my opinion is something that needs fixed if the RV industry wants to keep on keeping on.

Lot of owners getting screwed out there. Some are vocal about it, some never say a word.

Why I bought as local as possible. I ordered my unit and then went to the factory and picked it up. Both the dealer and the factory were close for me. MY pre delivery inspection was I got the plant manager out in the unit and showed him what I thought were issues and they were rectified on the spot. Not everyone can do that, I was fortunate to be able to do that.

Taking possession of a new unit with any issue and then getting a promise from a drummer to take care of it is just plain bad business Just because you want it don't mean you should accept less than what you expect no matter how good the price is.

Price never removes the bad taste of a poor sale, after the sale.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS