Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2PawsRiver

Hartford. MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/18 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not just camping world. Quite honestly if we made a choice to fulltime based on reviews of equipment, dealerships and especially service..….I wouldn't.

I understood going into this that any assurances I received from the salesman about the care and service were utter **** and that anything I needed done would take an eternity.....and they have lived up to it.

Being a long time Harley rider I am used to horrible customer service and high prices, though I must admit the RV industry males me appreciate Harley Davidson.

Take pictures, file down the edges so it is safe and either fix it yourself or wait to have it fixed.......either way camp and enjoy life.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/18 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2PawsRiver wrote:

It's not just camping world. Quite honestly if we made a choice to fulltime based on reviews of equipment, dealerships and especially service..….I wouldn't.

I understood going into this that any assurances I received from the salesman about the care and service were utter **** and that anything I needed done would take an eternity.....and they have lived up to it.

Being a long time Harley rider I am used to horrible customer service and high prices, though I must admit the RV industry males me appreciate Harley Davidson.

Take pictures, file down the edges so it is safe and either fix it yourself or wait to have it fixed.......either way camp and enjoy life.

Guess that is one reason I don't have a potato bike.[emoticon]

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

I had visited a CW to look at a couple units and had thought it was interesting how the salesman went on about "If you buy a camper at CW, because we are nationwide, you can get warranty service anywhere in the country"
Doesn't sound the same in here though.

"If you buy a camper at CW, because we are nationwide, you can get warranty service anywhere in the country"

Same pitch on anything you buy.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

wrvond

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/18 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

I am sorry you have this problem, and I hope you are prepared to pay to have it fixed yourself. Camping World will not pay to have it fixed, and unless the damage is noted when the trailer was delivered from the factory to Camping World, Jayco will take the position it was damaged on the dealer's lot after delivery.

Cost to repair probably less than $200. Any residential cabinet and counter top place can do this one in their sleep; it is not RV specific.

Two lessons here: 1. a salesman's job is to make the sale so anything they say means nothing, and 2. never accept any product unless it is 100% to your satisfaction.

As a point of interest, when the unit is delivered, it is inspected thoroughly by receiving. They make note of any damage to the camper. If the damage is on the exterior it is "driver damage" (the guy that towed the unit to the dealership) and he/she is responsible for paying for the repair. If there is damage to the exterior that clearly is not driver damage, such as delamination, the dealership can refuse to accept the unit, or the factory can pay that dealership to make the repairs. Interior damage is noted and reported to the factory and the factory pays the dealership to make the repairs. This is all done prior to the unit ever being made available for sale. In all likelihood, that dealership in New Mexico has already been paid by Jayco to perform the repair. By filing it as a warranty claim, the dealer is able to double charge the factory for the same repair.

2014 Coachmen Catalina 253RKS
2016 Springdale Summerland Mini 1790 RL
2017 F350 Lariat 6.7L dually in Ruby Red

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Beware Randy Chavez and Camping World Albuquerque
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS