Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Camping World & Dish
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Dish System from Camping World in Albuquerque NM in Feb 2018. I used the system all summer, we full time. The system got slower and slower locking in satellites and the receiver was hot to the touch. I had called Dish tech service many times & Dish tech support said it looked like there was an issue with the system and have Camping World check it as they are a distributor for them. A couple days ago I was trying to get the system setup in a new location and the receiver smoked & quit, now it won't turn on.

I am in the area I bought the system from so I take the receiver & all the paper work along with the original receipt them. I show them the 1 year warranty papers and tell them it does not work. The employee I am talking with says CW only warranties the unit 30 days. They are the distributor! I called Dish and explain the issue and they tell me CW is a distributor and they should replace the unit if it's bad.

So here I sit with a dead 8 month old system. DO NOT BUY FROM CW they will not stand behind what hey sell.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Lwiddis

Cambria, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Write them both, then small claims court. Sue them both. Have your evidence clear and ready...pictures, warranty, notes of your telephone calls and in person visits with names, photos.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Which system? Sat boxes run hot.
Who made the antenna?

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/18 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just 4 days ago another thread on a customer with a problem there, nice pattern developing.
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29746929/gotomsg/29747069.cfm#29747069

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I reread your op. If your box is out of warranty, I would buy a new Wally for $75 and move on.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big Katuna wrote:

I reread your op. If your box is out of warranty, I would buy a new Wally for $75 and move on.

That's not the point, I can easily buy another, it is still within the one year factory warranty. It went bad, replace it!

It's a King Antenna & Wally receiver, both marked Dish.

* This post was edited 09/23/18 10:36am by Edd505 *

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/18 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To bad CW doesn't want anything to do with the product warranty, but so common in the RV world.

Not sure why Dish would be involved unless the receiver is leased from them.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42 Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2004 CR-V and 2014 Grand Cherokee

Bob

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/18 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

To bad CW doesn't want anything to do with the product warranty, but so common in the RV world.

Not sure why Dish would be involved unless the receiver is leased from them.

CW sells the Dish equipment and the Dish agent said we supply most CW's with the equipment. I assume CW get a cut for selling. Agent said he would notify his supervisor as CW is supposed to do the exchange.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/18 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Edd505,

Thank you for your time and post, I apologize for the experience you have had with your Dish System. Please provide your contact number in a private message. We will look into this further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/18 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have posted here before that once Ella enters we don't hear the out come. Ella got involved here and the issue was resolved by the store manager. This should not have taken the manager & Ella but it did become a learning lesson for the employee. Thank you both for your help.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS