Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: possible regulator issue UPDATE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> possible regulator issue UPDATE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

The best test is the manometer.. and I won't go into how to use it.

But the fridge is a Propane "sipper" not a propane "Guzzler" like the furnace or water heater. So if the latter work well. the first should regulator wise.

Some Fridges do work better on one or the other heat source.. Don't know why. but they just do. And some work better on one some on the other some don't care.

Just now. mine on electric is 34.1 degrees in the top door shelf.

You know, stick to what you know. Your post is not correct at all, except for the sipper part and Manometer comment. Doug

PS, HOW many different RV refers have you operated in your lifetime?

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But, RV refers will operates the SAME regardless of heat source.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So w/ heat sources being variable, the statement above is not correct.

So let me rephrase it,.....
RV refers may cool differently ac/propane, because either heat source is seldom going to be perfect all the time.

In reality, I have played w/ adjusting LP regulators w/ and w/o manometers, and except for maybe a couple degrees in cooling, I found pressure to be not very critical at all. But of course, Doug always knows better.

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 11:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Standing on their head some folks will swear the sky is brown. Compare the BTU of an LPG flame on high versus what (?) a 300 or 400 watt AC heating element. The LPG wins every time except if the flame is sick.

Confused individuals should seek professional service for equipment deemed to contravene accepted knowledge. Information regarding the BTU capabilities of their very own refrigerator burner and electrode model is available on the net.

red31

Bryan

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/18 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Compare the BTU of an LPG flame on high versus what (?) a 300 or 400 watt AC heating element. The LPG wins every time

so using the net, the first fridge (The classic RV fridge) showed rated 1330 BTU/h and 390wAC.

What do you means by 'wins every time'.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> possible regulator issue UPDATE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS