Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Over or Under?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Over or Under?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/18 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Given some of the recent "discussions", I feel slighted that I haven't had a question or an issue up for debate....errr I mean comment in a long time here.
So, if we can get to double digit responses on things like front end alignments and tire plugs and let's not forget the ever popular 2500 vs 3500 and GVW vs GVWR (and all of it's associated discussions), I want to pose a question to the crater of wisdom here.

Over or under? We all know that over is the best way to install a roll of TeePee in the bathroom in your home.
But what about in an RV, and what if it's a wet or dry bath? Does the orientation matter if it's special RV TeePee or just regular ole store bought?
Is it the same recommendation for single ply vs quilted 2 ply?
What if it's scented?
If my Tee Pee holder is on te outside wall of the RV will installin it one way or another affect the sway of the trailer or camper while towed? Same if it's on a back or front wall? Do you remove the roll less it's a certain % used before towing due to tongue weight limitations or CCC concerns?
This has been heavy on my mind recently, as I've spent the last few weeks living in my camper. Noticed the TeePee roll was installed "under" and I wonder if that added to the body roll in the corners when I drove it over here? Gotta be something, caused it, so figure I'd start with the easy things and move up from there.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/18 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I vote OVER

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/18 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

I vote OVER

Thanks for the vote, but I'm not looking for votes. I need real world experiences and/or limitations here. This isn't something to be contemplated lightly.
I mean with only 2 real options, a person is either right or wrong! Not alot of wiggle room here and frankly I'm concerned this may need to be changed or rectified prior to moving the camper, and I have to do that Thursday and it will be dark and I'll be driving up a steep washboard road, and, well, I just don't want to have any issues.

I mean, I adjusted my tire psi to within 1/10th of a psi for the proper pressure for the weight, altitude and temperature, but now it's colder here and I'm at a different altitude. Plus I saw a sign that said "Enjoy the Mountain air", so that has me a little freaked out. Is this air different than the city air where I adjusted the pressure?
So anyway, having the TeePee right would go a long ways to calming my nerves. I am moving the TC 11.67 miles, as shown on my gps, but by Rand McNalley it looks more like 12 miles. But then I drove the route yesterday at about 5:42pm (start time), just to check the important stuff and my other truck said 12.3 miles.
But I did stop at the store for beer, how many miles do you think I used up in the parking lot? I didn't measure it.

I forgot, the job I'm building, I have closed the highway for 17 days (we're working around the clock). Do you think I'll be able to drive trough there, or do I need to take the detour? I mean, I'm in charge of the job, but I didn't see any directions in the Owners manual for the truck or the camper about drivin through construction sites vs using the detour. And I read all the pages....twice.
If I can't drive through, I'll have to go around with all the rest of the traffic and that is 26.38miles (by gps only, I've given up on the other truck, I think the speedometer needs to be calibrated because the tires are bigger than stock and Rand Mc Nalley doesn't show the detour).
Still unsure what to doo here. Help is appreciated! TIA

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/18 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Article

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/18 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are arguments both ways but to me it depends on where they mount the holder... As for brand..

There have been many "Tests" done. and some TP's break up fairly fast when exposed to water.. Some slower... BUt by the time I can finish the paperwork. Stand up, pullup, zip up. button up. and buckle up. and get outside and open up (the dump valve) it's not going to matter cause even the slower ones will have broken up.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/18 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have cats under, no cats over!

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Precious, and Belle.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, NV4500, 3.55's, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,RV 275's Bilstein 5100's, 313K miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360# GCVW 20,500#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/18 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I does not matter to me as long as there is a roll there. This item, empty or near empty, is a bad time to find out at the moment you need it.

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/18 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

I mean with only 2 real options, a person is either right or wrong!

Wrong ... more than just "2 real options". [emoticon]

VERTICAL TP STORAGE

[image]

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/18 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It all depends on if the wall that the holder is on is insulated or not..check that before deciding, "over or under."

What's much more important is having a sparkling white roof and a squeaky clean black tank.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/18 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHO CARES!

RVing since 1995.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Over or Under?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS